“Just spent two awesome days in Amsterdam - made even better by an overnight stay at Grand Hotel Downtown”

Grand Hotel Downtown
Ranked #131 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 9 June 2017

I picked this hotel because of its central location. It was an easy cab ride from the airport (39 Euro) - and once there I could easily walk to the Rijksmuseum and the Ann Frank House - my two top picks for this trip. I found the hotel online, and booked online - but before I arrived sent a couple of mails to the staff with specific questions. I found the responses were quick, friendly, and accommodating. For example, I wanted to know if I could store my luggage there until check-in time, as I had an early morning arrival. That was no problem at all and worked really well for me.

Once there, the front desk staff were really helpful and gave me great directions to my points of interest and also to other spots like a nearby grocery store.

I stayed in a main floor room that was small but very comfortable. It had everything I needed, and nice decor.

I highly recommend this hotel for convenience, quality, and comfort. Just walk out on the street and wander. You'll see lovely shops, quaint cafes, awesome restaurants. If you are not used to Amsterdam, pay attention to the directions of the bikes and foot traffic. It's a busy city with 'billions' of bicycles whizzing everywhere. You really need to leave the bike lanes to the bikes and walk in the walking lanes. Walk slowly and savor the unique architecture and the mix of generations of history.

There's something 'wrong' with this Trip Advisor page that won't let me select ratings for the hotel. If I could select them, I would give a definite '5' for service, cleanliness, and room quality.

Room Tip: 134 was a great room. Across a little courtyard from the check in desk. I liked being on the groun...
Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
GHDAmsterdam, Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Ruth Ann,
Thank your for your comments and recommending our hotel! It is good to hear that you had a lovely stay. We would be delighted to welcome you again!

Sending you our best regards from sunny Amsterdam,

Grand Hotel Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stayed for 2 nights as a couple. Brilliant hotel, with fantastic location. Everything is within around 20/25 minutes walking distance. Would definitely stay here again. Staff cannot do enough to assist you!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Good location, walkable to many sites like the park, museum district, and public transportation less than a block away with cute cafes, and bakeries next door. The morning/day staff is very friendly, and they let us borrow a universal charger upon providing a deposit, since we had yet to purchase one ourselves. The room was small but quiet which was nice to get some rest after walking about town all day.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The hotel is located perfect and the beds are amazingly comfortable the lack of room service for disheartening as it was my birthday we was looking forward to breakfast in bed which wasn't available..

1  Thank lunn729
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The location is great. Not inside the inner noisy center yet really close. Trams and busses and night busses all really close. The room was great. We eere in the penthouse. Really big balkony. Really clean room. And the hotel staff was really nice. Helpfull. You can buy tickets through them abd rent a bike. All in a fair and standart price.

1  Thank 816efratm