“Awesome tour with a great guide!”

Amsterdam Photo Safari
Ranked #37 of 459 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As recommended by National Geographic 2017 Hotlist of things to do internationally. We do Night & Day Photography tours. We take the classic postcard images. We go urban and off the beaten path! We go to "SECRET HIDDEN GEMS" alongside the "MUST PHOTOGRAPH" places. Discover easy to master tips about travel photography and how to approach locals. DISCOVER the real Amsterdam, as we expose it's intriguing culture and history.
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I took the Night Photo Safari Tour with Chris. He was great at providing feedback and taking me to some great photo spots. I learned a lot about Street Photography and how to interact with the people you are shooting. I have always been interested in doing some street photography so this was a great experience. My Safari Night shots during sunset and at night were some of the best from the trip. For an added bonus, he gave me some tips on hot spots I should check out during my stay and gave me a better understanding of the Dutch culture. Thanks Chris for taking it easy on me while I suffered through jetlag! Highly recommend Chris!!!

1  Thank blevins01
"photo walk"
"shutter speed"
"great eye"

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed a night of shooting with Chris. Chris was great not only tailoring the photo tour to what I was looking for, but in adapting to rainy conditions, sharing his own photographic perspective, and local knowledge of Amsterdam and its people. Could not have had a better time!

1  Thank tspin22
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Purchased an evening photo tour for my husband's birthday during our Amsterdam visit. Philippe is very knowledgeable and shares his expertise in a professional and personal manner. He managed the time and photo shoot at our pace and helped my husband capture this beautiful city while learning new techniques. This is a treat for those who love photography. Thanks again Philippe!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Chris met me near the Centraal Station late afternoon for an evening photo safari. He showed me some cool daylight shots in a tunnel, and found some really neat shots of reflections. We moved to the Red Light District, and Chris gave me a wonderful history of the area. As night fell, we explored the canals and bridges before eventually (at my request) working our way back to the RLD for some pretty lights and reflections.

2  Thank Evan K