We stayed here in June 2016 and in September 2017 are noticing a number of negative changes. We can no longer take a canal boat from in front of the hotel. A hotel shuttle is not particularly helpful as it runs only every 30 minutes and dumps us at the rear of Central Station. (It's a long walk to the Victoria Palace Hotel across the plaza in front of the station.) Service in the rooms and elsewhere has slipped markedly. Only in the bar on the main floor is the quality of service the same. If your mobility while walking briskly is excellent, this is still a good option. But if you have even slight mobility issues I would recommend staying somewhere in the city centre or on the 'Hop On' route. Taxiis in this city may or may not opt to take you where you need to go...often they have told us they are on a 'break'. We love AMS. Stay in the City Centre and pay the extra for the convenience! I don't think you will be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam