Amsterdam Jewel Apartments
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
  • Room Service
Hotel Aspen(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingel canalsteep stairssash windowsgreat locationupon arrival we were greetedfully equipped kitchenwalked everywherewet roomhome from homenespresso machinecomfortable staythree nightsminute walktrain stationdishwashersupermarketworkmen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2015

Me and my wife stayed in the Ruby apartment 4 nights in the middle of our 2 week trip around Europe. We both have said that this was our favorite place we stayed throughout the whole trip. From the moment we arrived until we left we felt like we were locals of Amsterdam. We were greeted and showed around the apartment by Gani who also showed where the closest market was at and how to work the espresso machine. The apartment had a beautiful view of the canal with double open window which was great to site and watch the people and boats going by. Will definitely stay here again if we our lucky enough to visit Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: Amazing view
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Due to my own scheduling mistake, I did not actually end up staying here but given how prompt, considerate and kind Marten was in dealing with my mishap, this is still worth a write up, as people want to know they are dealing with good people that they can trust during a trip away from home. Thank you again Marten. If we do end up in this part of the region, I would not hesitate to book and would recommend Amsterdam Jewel Canal Apartments to others.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2015

My husband and I just returned from 3 nights stay in the Amber apartment. Upon arrival we were greeted by the very nice manager Gani, who showed us the apartment and answers any questions we had.
There was construction going on right outside of the apartment, but luckily since we were on the 4th floor, other than some noise, our view of the canal was not obstructed.
The apt itself was very nice and the loft bed very comfortable. It was nice sitting along the window bench while having morning coffee or evening wine while watching the the boats go by along the canal.

Room Tip: Make sure you can easily walk up and down 4 flights of very steep, winding, narrow stairs
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lindamac
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

Visited this wonderful apartment (amber) for my wife's birthday in February from Thursday to Sunday and we adored the place. Location is perfect, out the train station, turn right and follow main road to the first canal (this is singel )turn left and follow it down staying on the left hand side of the water. Upon arrival you will be greeted and taken up (very steep stairs-mind your head) given a pointer as to what's what and given your key's to your wonderful home for how ever long you're lucky to have it. The layout is brilliant as are the fixtures and fittings. Cracking hot shower and a beautiful romantic bed, with adjustable lighting to set the perfect mood. The views out the windows fantastic with minimal noise pollution. The shop is 2 minutes walk away first left out of the apartment and it's on your left in mins if not second and it will supply you anything you need at a very reasonable price (I'd liken it to sainsburys) including beautiful tulips (great to help the romance flow). It's central location is again pretty hard to beat for what you pay, I've read a few posts claiming that it's expensive!!! I think it's cracking value, not cheap no but more than value for your money. So much to see and do in this wonderful city :-) My wife and I had an awesome time and look forward to returning with friends in tow next time and i will again book the amber apartment for us and recommend one of the others to our friends who will journey with us. I have already given it a reccomendation to a few friends and i look forward to hearing back from them as im in no doubt that they will take my advice and book. They along with anyone else who choose this home from home will not be disappointed. Many many thanks jewel apartment amber see u soon.........

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loonasylum
Reviewed 18 February 2015

A perfect place to stay in Amsterdam, view on the Singel gracht, pretty close to Dam square, so in the heart of everything. We had the Ruby appartement in Singel 214, apparently the owner lives on first (or second, who knows this exactly ...) floor. It is quite a steep climb on the staircase, so you should be able to walk some 100 stairs. The apartement itself is well-equipped for two persons, all necessary cooking equipment is available, and the owner who seems to cook all day (you smell it sometimes) is willing to help with everything you need. A supermarket is 5 min away. The noise level may be a problem at night, but this is unavoidable as many restaurants are everywhere around.

The only slightly negative point was that the person who welcomed us promised a refill of the Nespresso boxes and tea bags which didn't happen. But here as well the owner has his own supply and was willingly helping us ...

So altogether, the appartement is well worth is proud price.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple