“lovely food and atmosphere and good staff”
Review of The Pantry

The Pantry
Ranked #122 of 4,474 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: The Pantry Imagine a restaurant version of the successful TV show I Love Holland, and that is what The Pantry is like. This cosy restaurant near the Leidseplein distinguishes itself with its typically Dutch atmosphere and traditional old-Dutch dishes. Hospitality is important. The staff understands the dining and hospitality business and have worked here for years, during which the recognition of this restaurant has been ever increasing. The Dutch living room atmosphere is enhanced by the use of lampshades, Delftware and old paintings on the wall, complemented by the background music. The Pantry works exclusively with fresh, homemade products. Its location in the Leidseplein neighbourhood makes this an ideal restaurant to eat before catching a theatre show or movie. The doors open from eleven in the morning, so it's also a great place to go for lunch
Reviewed 30 March 2018

if your after traditional food, look no further ! me and my partner had heard about this place and went on to find it, on a rainy week day we walked in about 1 o'clock not having booked and managed to get a table (although i hear booking is advisable at times). We were sat on a cosy table in the window , very warm too and we knew what we were having and ordered food and drinks. We ordered the hutspot combination with smoked sausage was really lovely !!! i recommend the stewed beef carrot mash which out of the 3 mashes given was my fav however was lovely trying all. 2 combination meals, some bread and one beer and coke came in about 40 euros, rather good for traditional quality food :)

1  Thank Rosie I
Write a ReviewReviews (2,763)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

It does what it claims. Produces Dutch style food at reasonable prices. The service is good because they want to keep the tables turning over. Pleasant but not great.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I found this restaurant, having searched for places to go for dinner. With no booking service available, we decided to chance it and hoped to get a table. We were very lucky and only had a 5 minute wait (albeit outside, it didn't take too long). The staff were lovely and very welcoming. At one point I saw them dancing & singing in the kitchen, which made me smile. It was a great opportunity to try Dutch food, which we both thoroughly enjoyed. The only downside to this place is the lack of space, but it seems many restaurants that are really good are very small! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Quaint small restaraunt serving traditional Dutch food. Staff is great, attentive but not overly so. Everyone who served us spoke english so no language issues.

I'd recommend reservations for dinning after 5 pm.

This is a meat and potatoes kinda place, good sized portions and reasonably priced. No snooty people and small portions.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I'm so glad I made a reservation to secure a table for two as it was really busy even on a cold Wednesday evening. So yes please send them an e-mail before heading over (reply was within a day for me). Loved the service and we felt so welcomed. This is the place to be if you want to experience some great Dutch food in a cozy restaurant. Highly recommend the sumptuous Hutspot with sausage!