“Great little place, fantastic pancakes!”

The Happy Pig Pancake Shop Amsterdam
Ranked #9 of 163 Coffee & Tea in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Fast food
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: The Happy Pig Pancake Shop is a unique little shop, located in the heart of historic Amsterdam. We sell authentic Dutch pancakes and Belgian waffles with delicious fillings and toppings, made from high quality certified organic ingredients. Your pancakes are freshly made on the spot, you can watch the cook make them! We also serve great organic coffee, tea, hot chocolate, chai latte, fresh orange juice and premium cold drinks. We have an eating bar, and if the weather is good, you can sit on one of our benches outside. Or you can take your pancake and eat it while shopping. We sell Fritz-Kola en other cool drinks, and great gifts like stroopwafels en Tony Chocolonely bars.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I was staying in a hotel nearby, and came for breakfast, attracted by the reviews. Was not disappointed for a minute!!! Excellent pancakes (I had the strawberry one with maple syrup), yummy ice cream, good coffee, fantastic people. Highly recommended to all!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this cute pancake shop while exploring Amsterdam. We both got the wheat pancake with banana filling and chocolate hazelnut sauce. It was to die for!! The 2 ladies working were also delightful :) would recommend to anybody for a great experience!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Found this place by accident on my way to my favourite brown bar nearby (Biercafe Gollem) and have thanked my lucky stars ever since - really delicious sweet and savoury pancakes as well as other goodies, and equally lovely staff. If you like pancakes you must come here!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Small, cozy, on a side street off Spuisstraat, room for 10 people to eat. Best pancakes this side of The Witte Swaan in Broeken Waterland. Varieties of toppings and fillings from savory to sweet. Friendly service, market prices.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

I went to this place based on the good reviews. However, the pancake was average: I mean not better and not worse than many of the pancakes I had before. I also find that the price is quite high, since we are talking about a pancake after all (somewhere around 8 euro for one pancake).