“Turkish kofte on its best in Amsterdam”
Review of Meram

Meram
Ranked #2,797 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2016

This restaurant is part of a chain that offers Turkish food of very good quality.

I went to the unit in Osdorp in different ocasions. The mezzes are great and the kofte too. The dishes are big and if you are not that hungry, its possible to share them.
The restaurant offers many options in a rich menu and even their bread with a garlic mayo is delicious. On Sundays they have a buffet and the restaurant become full of people from Turkish origin, which for me is a sign that the food is really typical from this country.

The restaurant is big and it has a very nice terrace overlooking a lake, which is very agreeable during summer time.

They have a room for kids to play.

The service is quite effective. My husband and I keep coming back from time to time.

1  Thank JuPereira

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Arrived late on a Sunday and most places including our hotel (best western blue tower) was closed, so found this place close by... Menu had no English on it so struggled to know what was what, so opted for cheeseburgers as we could understand that haha! Did not disappoint, literally the best cheeseburger I've had in my life!! Staff were lovely and friendly too and food is so cheap for the quality! Would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank jordanl02
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Meram Restaurant is about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel we stayed in (Best Western Blue Tower Hotel) in Bos en Lommer, Amsterdam, which was extremely convenient as we ended up visiting again twice more during our stay!

By far, they serve the BEST cheeseburgers I have ever tasted in my life - like, the best, EVER! I ordered and cheeseburger and chips which came with two sauces, ketchup and mayonnaise. The chips were lovely, normally, I prefer chunky chips like the ones you get at your typical British fish and chip shop but these were smaller 'fries' and were lightly salted and crispy. The cheeseburger was out of this world. I'm not even sure what it was that made it so delicious, maybe the fact that the meat was perfectly cooked and not chewy or predominantly full of all that fake stuff like a lot of fast food restaurants, maybe they use a different kind of cheese or maybe the soft sesame seeded buns is what topped it off - who knows? I was not complaining either way.

The desserts were insane too, the first time I visited, I had something that looked very similar to a sundae. It was in a tall glass with three scoops of the finest, creamiest vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and garnish. The second time, I ordered waffles with ice cream, whipped cream and strawberries - my God, it was good! They really do know how to satisfy the pallet here.

The customer service varied on different occasions. The first time we visited was pretty late, maybe around 10pm and there was only one other person in the restaurant at the time. We were immediately seated and given menus, the staff were polite and checked up on us several times to ensure all was well with the food and we were given tasty little complimentary sweet treats upon exiting. The last time we visited was pretty different. The staff were busier as we arrived around the usual 'dinner time' which was about 8pm - we actually seated ourselves as we were left wondering around near the door for some time waiting to be served. It took about 10 minutes or so to get the waiter's attention after we had sat down and this was just to get hold of a menu. The service was much much slower and although the staff were all still very friendly, the experience was dampened ever so slightly. Luckily, the food made up for it.

Other items on the menu included shish kebabs, kofte, other burgers, wraps and salads and the drinks selection varied from hot and cold, alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

Despite the most recent experience with the not-so-great customer service, I would definitely say that this was one of the best restaurants I have eaten in in terms of taste, service and pricing at around €8 each for our meals. The next time I am in Amsterdam (which I hope to be soon), I will definitely be making a stop (or two) at Meram Restaurant!

Food - 10/10
Service - 7/10
Price - 8/10
Atmosphere - 8/10

Overall - 8/10

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Went here for my birthday with a couple of co workers. We ordered the set menu for 3. After gorging ourselves, we have brought back enough food for lunch for all of us. Wonderful food and very generous Serving size.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We went at 9 pm one night and had a really good meal, it was just along the road from our hotel, The Blue Square in Amsterdam West. The waiters were lovely and couldn't do enough for us, we had drinks and lovely warm bread while waiting for our choices from the extensive menu. Following this the waiter brought us complimentary little glasses of tea and Baklava. It was great, a really good experience.