“Excellent vegetarian restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2016

The host was excellent and welcoming. The food was outstanding, the service was terrific. The restaurant is beautiful - in a nice part of Amsterdam.

1  Thank adam c

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I've never eaten such delicious, creative, innovative food made and served with such love and passion! So many flavours and textures and colours -- fascinating pairings and combinations. The couple that operates this gem of a restaurant are clearly passionate about what they do. Service was friendly and informative. I'd go back to Amsterdam just to eat hear again!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Vistited Betty's partly based on the reviews and tips. Pretty high expectations. Not too centrally located - at least from where we stayed, but well worth a taxi drive. To start with the finale, the homemade cakes for deserts - worth a visit by its own. Just fantastic flavours. The biggest challenge is maybe choosing which one to go for. The caramel cake and the white chockolate with raspberries are more than highly reccomened! The service and friendliness follows you all the way from a dedicated and knowledgable staff. The menu is quite simple - a three course set menu (tha last one ebing the cakes). The starter and main dishes are shared platters with fresh seasonable favorites. Raw or perfectly cooked. And fantastic Nature Wines from small producers at reasonable prices. This restaurant is not just for vegetarians to visit, if you are happy to find a friendly staff, super fresh ingredients served perfectly, exciting wines at resonble prices and a homemade superfresh cake - you should consider booking a table in advvance of your Amsterdam stay (we counted 18 seats and the restaurant was full the night we visited).

1  Thank Cato D
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We went here with my parents for my mum's birthday. I booked about 2 weeks in advance as the restaurant is indeed 'petit', only 18 seats or so and I never managed to get us seats before on a weekend.

We had to wait a bit to be served as the owner takes his time with each table to welcome the guests , but that was fine, we weren't in a hurry.

We ordered sparkling water, very light sparkling, Italian, I liked it. And wine, delicious natural wine from Blois: Touraine (2015).

The menu is a set entrée, plat, dessert, they surprise you. I ordered a vegan version. The starter came with two big plates to share with lots of different choices: artichokes, grilled zucchini dip with pistachios, and lots more. There was home baked bread and delicious olive oil too.

The main course was a red lentil curry, a bit spicy, perfectly cooked, with grilled sugar snaps, broccoli, green beans as well as polenta cakes, served with a huge shared side dish of avocado dip, baba ganoush and beet salad. Huge portions !

Desserts (i hardly had any space left) were a variety of fabulous cakes and cashew nut ice cream (all home made).

It was a real treat, we all thoroughly enjoyed our visit. A must on your list to do in Amsterdam (vegan, vegetarian or as an omnivore :-) ).

1  Thank misspurpleann
Reviewed 14 June 2016

My wife and I took the cooking class so we learned all about how they prepare their food. It was amazing! The owners are the most welcoming and friendly people you could ever meet. Every dish they prepared was a treat for my taste buds. Even if you are not a vegetarian, you'll love this restaurant.