“Great authentic Italian restaurant”
Review of Vasso

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 10 March 2018

On our recent trip to Amsterdam , we came across this wonderful Italian restaurant. We had a lovely meal and great vino. The staff were friendly and efficient and we had a great laugh with them.Will definitely return on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Typical Italian dishes are on the menu here. And based on what we tried it is good food with fresh rawmaterials and a Chef who cares about what he serves.
The Antipasto starter for 2 is a good choice for seing what the house can do and it is also very delicious.
Winelist fine and in- expensive.
Service is also very fine and effective.
The only remark is: The Chef should try to be more creative with the side dishes. All dishes comes with fried potatos and green beens, whatever it is meat or fish! That is really not so inspiring!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Strange experience from the server and the manager.

The Server approached us upon us being seat and mumbled about other customers. When asked if everything was ok she responded with “its going to be better after midnight.” (This is when they close.)

The food was fine. However, throughout the meal the dishes sat on table, dirty, for 15-20 minutes.

No attempt at pouring wine or water was made.

The server came up after we sat there for quite some time after finishing main meal telling us we only have 15 minutes left at the table (!!!), then took our orders for dessert and disappeared. When she came back 20 minutes later with dessert she informed us we have 10 minutes left. When we questioned it she responded with “Think whatever you want” and walked away. When we asked for a manager he appeared, listened to our concerns but made no attempts to fix.

We were presented with our bill (without any adjustments) and left.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped to Vasso in a rather busy evening in the district but the restaurant still had two table free (+1 large table waiting reservation). We were warmly led to our table then everything changed. Service became as cold as possible. If the food tasted great, I counted a generous amount of 5 tortellini in my plate... Which led me to get at least as much as possible of the sauce with my bread which, as a French-Italian, I thought was a common practice but only trigger a "woah" of disdain from the waitress. I can't really say I fully enjoyed my dinner.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant with an open kitchen. I had the shellfish linguine with half a grilled lobster which was fantastic. My partner had vegetarian ravioli which she enjoyed. Pudding were also fantastic. Good friendly service.