“Great Middle Eastern food”
Review of Bazar

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Happened upon the Bazar restaurant in Den Pijp (a hip area just south of central Amsterdam) - we could see it was good because it was packed. But after a beer they managed to slot us in and we had a shared mixed platter to start and mains of the lamb casserole and a lamb kofta. Both excellent and delivered rapidly and with a smile. Even though the place was packed to the rafters (there's and upstairs that was full) there was no problem with the service or the food. They are certainly doing something right!
I shall return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 10 April 2016

-old church renovated into a restaurant (with two levels) with beautiful mosaics
-portions were huge and prices were very reasonable
-staff was friendly and relatively efficient
-kebabs were massive
-we had doggy bags (enough for a second meal the next day)
-definitely would recommend this place !

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We were a group of ten and we ordered a lot of food. Calamari rings are one of the tastiest starter. We ended up ordering 10 different dishes and sharing them and it was really tasty food. The portions are good too.

For a busy place, it was fairly quick. The ambiance of the hotel is also very attractive. The best experience was I forgot one of my rare books in the restaurant and they kept it safe for me which I picked up five days later.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Bazar will always be special to me because this is where I went on my second date with my husband, albeit in a large group and 'not really on a date'.

Bazar has wonderful food that is different enough and quirky enough to keep you truly satisfied after a meal, unlike other more familiar cuisines. We tend to choose the Bazar Bazar and follow it up with the mixed dessert option if we have not gone overboard on the starters - the portion sizes are quite big. I love the pitchers of water that they bring you and in Bazar there is always something going on - we watched a hen night once where the bride had to get up on the bar and do a dance. That was fun! The building is so beautiful and the servers are all so helpful and enthusiastic, it is all quite an experience.

The only drawback is that the room is quite echo-ey so it can be hard to talk in here. The bonus is that you can just get on with eating because it's all so tasty and once you are done you can wander up around the corner into the bars just off the Albert Cuypstraat where you can get on with talking.

I really like Bazar.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I went to Bazar based on the experience of my friend. The first time I went with her for lunch and I was not disappointed. So much so that a few days later I took my boyfriend there so he can enjoy the same lunch with me.
The place seems a bit messy when you go in, with this bar in the middle of everything and a visible kitchen. However, the interior decorations of the building will help to take your eyes from the seemingly mess.
So we went for the large lunch for 2 persons. We didn't have to wait for too long and lunch was brought to us on a huge round serving trey. The food looked amazing and it tasted even better.
We had dolma's, feta cheese rolls, some sort of spring-rolls, falafel, fried chicken wings, two types of hummus and baked egg-plant and delicious Turkish bread.
It took us a while to finish the meal, but it did not matter as everything we tasted was really good.
Food wise, it is more pricey than a kebab, but Turkish cuisine is not only about kebab and shoarma. It is a place to go to!