Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$111
Hotels.comUS$111
Booking.comUS$111
eDreamsUS$111
TravelocityUS$111
CheapTicketsUS$111
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2019

We stayed here recently over New Year's Eve (my main goal was to avoid the all-night noise of fireworks in Amsterdam, and a quick getaway). This place is a bit dated but was reasonably clean (and quirky as others have said). I imagine it has scads of tourists in the summer but was quite quiet during our winter stay. The included buffet breakfast was a nice touch. The room was nice-sized with a balcony (though it had seen better days). It has a bowling alley on the premises (we didn't partake, but it looked fun) and a quirky central bar area. The staff were extremely courteous, professional, and helpful (I really needed to get into the room an hour early and they were happy to accommodate us). It is a reasonable distance from the train station if you have to walk or bike, and reasonable biking distance to the Texel ferry. It seemed to be the main hotel in town. The WiFi was in the public areas only but it was more or less accessible from our room (in case that is a priority, as it was for me). So, no frills or luxury, but if you are just looking for sleeping accommodations, it is certainly adequate, and reasonably priced.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018

One night stay for business and it was very pleasant.
This hotel is very quirky but i liked it.
Bar and reception staff were nice and helpful.
The hotel is dated but it suited my needs and I had a great sleep.
I'd like to stay here at a weekend when some entertainment is on to see how lively it could be :)

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel Den Helder is a strange place, a bowling alley, a London bus, various fake uk phone boxes etc, just weird.

Apparently it used to be a Motel, then someone built a roof over the open part (without considering the concept of echoes, it’s like a massive greenhouse).

If you’re looking for a good nights sleep consider elsewhere, between the mice squeaking, the road, the bowling and the weird covered quad, complete with stage, you may not get much shut eye.

The food was fine, the obsession with half cooked potatoe balls was something new. The tomahawk steak was nice, but huge, be warned! When eating in the restaurant it’s not often you see mice crawling out from under the breakfast counter, but that’s what happened. When staff were asked if they knew they had mice in the restaurant they calmly replied ‘frequently yes’ and carried on. I was left wondering if the same approach was taken in the kitchen, then left the rest of my meal.

Overall not the worst place I’ve spent a few nights, but also no-where near the best.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank unkleboab
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

You can’t help but have a soft spot for this hotel; there is a bowling alley, a London bus and a crazy golf course!

Our room was large and comfortable.
There was a separate bathroom and toilet which were clean.

The breakfast was great and they provided me with dairy free milk

If I were staying in the area again, I would definitely stay here and would recommend it.

It was 6 mins drive from the Texel ferry and a 15min Walk to the town.

A lovely stay!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Poor Wi-Fi connection in the room, rooms looked very old-fashioned, the bathroom is rather tiny. The only positives were the friendliness of the staff and the amazing breakfast they had. I'm honestly at a loss for words on the hotel claiming to be 3 stars. If I'm staying at a hotel in Den Helder again in the future...it will absolutely not be this one.

Date of stay: May 2018