Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
US$113
View deal
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

Very poor hotel in desperate need of refurbishment or demolition

Rooms were not clean and need repair.

Restaurant was ok but definitely would not recommend

Only ended up here as other hotels were busy.

Taxi driver was even surprised that we were using this hotel at all???

Best avoided at all cost

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank J C
Reviewed 19 August 2019

We stayed three nights at Hotel Den Helder and enjoyed it very much. We got a nice, quiet and comfortable room which offered us a good night's sleep. In the morning a good breakfast was served and i the evening you could enjoy a nice meal in the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home! On the positive side was also that they offered free parking.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

What can I say!!! Well I’ve been bumped for a few days so the company have put me in hotel Den Helder, not my first visit, impressions as you walk in, staff are some of the best I’ve ever seen, friendly greeting as you come in, complementary drink, there’s a bowling alley, miniature golf, and good food, but the atmosphere is 10/10 due to the manager and staff, I’m here alone and made to feel so welcome, being British as well you have home comforts like red telephone boxes and even a double decker bus, I’d like to say a big thank you to all the amazing staff

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank stephenhO7287OS
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

One night stop for work, a crazy quirky hotel. Receptionist told me to get to my room i need to walk "through the bowling alley and up the stairs by the big red bus" ok...he wasnt wrong though! Its like every owner of it has added something new and just kept adding and adding...odd place but was fine for the night, decent banter with the bar staff who were friendly and helpful, room was fine, good size and everything was what you would expect in a hotel/bowling club...

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 16 January 2019

We stayed here recently over New Year's Eve (my main goal was to avoid the all-night noise of fireworks in Amsterdam, and a quick getaway). This place is a bit dated but was reasonably clean (and quirky as others have said). I imagine it has scads of tourists in the summer but was quite quiet during our winter stay. The included buffet breakfast was a nice touch. The room was nice-sized with a balcony (though it had seen better days). It has a bowling alley on the premises (we didn't partake, but it looked fun) and a quirky central bar area. The staff were extremely courteous, professional, and helpful (I really needed to get into the room an hour early and they were happy to accommodate us). It is a reasonable distance from the train station if you have to walk or bike, and reasonable biking distance to the Texel ferry. It seemed to be the main hotel in town. The WiFi was in the public areas only but it was more or less accessible from our room (in case that is a priority, as it was for me). So, no frills or luxury, but if you are just looking for sleeping accommodations, it is certainly adequate, and reasonably priced.

Date of stay: December 2018