“Very satisfying dinner”

Xixo Gastrobar Vietnamees
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Xixo Gastrobar Vietnamees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 342 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We are biking Netherlands and today was very cold and raining, so we were looking for a place where restore ourself eating something hot. We are not fan of Dutch food, so we choose this Vietnamese restaurant. The atmosphere is very cozy and relaxing, the owner is very kind and passionate. He explained carefully the whole menu. All the food are prepared here from fresh ingredients, everything was delicious and abundant. The price is fair, good value for money. We strongly recommend to eat here.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Came here on a whim as I couldn't face cooking just for myself.
Friendly greeting was followed by an explanation of the restaurant and what they ate hoping to achieve.
I can honestly say the pride they have in their food is matched by the flavour!!
I went for the set menu and look forward to going back and trying a few more items.....

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The only Vietnamese restaurant in Haarlem. Pleasant atmosphere with delicious dishes and friendly service. The pho ga (chicken soup) is especially good (although I'm not sure it's entirely authentic. I've eaten in many pho restaurants, and normally the pho is served with bean sprouts, basil and fresh chilies). Nevertheless, Xixo's pho is very tasty and the noodles are so fresh that they melt in your mouth. The grilled chicken is marinated and has the delicate taste of lemongrass. The loempias are also fresh and delicious, although they are not made with the traditional Vietnamese crispy wrapping.

All in all, I highly recommend this restaurant, and I look forward to further exploring their menu.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We had very special lunch time at this place. The combination of light, music and owner's hospitality make me feel cozy and relaxing.
Food was just great, and I want to try all kind of summer rolls.
Definitely will visit this place again.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

As a fist time, my dinner wasn't really happy. The waitresses were nice and polite, but the service was slow and looked quite disorganized; needs more attention in details and if the kitchen is the focus point for every day, it might be nice to have a sort of "snack" during the waiting time of the fist course and more communication with the guest about the preparation time: guests always appreciate it, specially when they are hungry!!

3  Thank Helen B