“A great hostel!”

and 1 more site!
Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel
Reviewed 6 March 2016

This hostel is about 10 minutes walk from the station or 5 minutes walk if you get off the bus from the airport in the centre of the town. Haarlem is a lovely city with attractions that the friendly and knowledgeable staff will tell you about and mark their location on their free map of the town. The hostel is also 15 minutes walk from the Patronaat, so it's ideal if you're going to a gig.
The hostel itself is lovely, there's a kitchen for if you want to make your own food, and they serve breakfast as well though I didn't try it myself. I stayed in the Tante Leen dorm room which was spacious and clean, and the lockers were nice and big. The room also had a toilet and a separate shower which was handy.
I'd definitely recommend choosing this hostel when you next stay in Haarlem!

Room Tip: Don't leave the dorm rooms open, they have an alarm that goes off to say they haven't closed...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Hello I'm Local has an excellent location - it is located in the city center near a Grote Markt and about 15 minutes walking to Patronaat.

On the ground floor is a reception, cafe, lounge and living room in one. Hosts are very friendly and ready to conversation or help with city orientation and direction.

Hostel has dormitory room too, but I stayed in private room called De Heem Room. This very nice room is equipped by small bathroom with shower, shared toilet is in the corridor.

Hello I'm Local is amazing place with friendly atmosphere and I recommend this.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jan G
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Great place! This beautiful boutique hostel is the perfect combination between a cute and perfectly styled bed & breakfast and a hip and fun hostel. The living room / cafe downstairs is a perfect place to chill, read a book, or chat with locals and other travellers. One of the hosts is always present to have a chat, make you a great cappuccino or tell you all about Haarlem's best streets, shops, bars, and restaurants. Both the dorm rooms (this is where I slept) and the private rooms (I viewed a few) are extremely well taken care of. The spacious dorms have great beds and amazing showers. The private rooms are all themed according to Dutch historic figures and look very very cute, especially the ones with a 'bedstee' (a box bed). I can definitely recommend anyone to stay here. From backpackers, to families, to local tourists that prefer a more luxurious stay. Nobody knows Haarlem like the I'm Local crew!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2016

From looking at previous reviews and the hostels website, I was really looking forward to staying here. It seemed to offer a totally different experience to other hostels I have stayed in, before or since! And it most definitely did not disappoint.

On arrival, the guy working everything from kitchen to reception was super friendly and answered all questions I had about both checking out early the next day and providing me with a map of the city and where the best places were located.

As for the room, I was staying in an 8 bed dorm which was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! And honestly, the bed was more comfortable than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. Decor was really pretty and importantly, the bathroom was also very clean. There was ample storage space for my massive bag and even some magazines provided in the room.

The communal area was also beautifully decorated and had a lovely relaxed atmosphere with inoffensive music playing in the background, I happily sat there that night recounting my lovely day in Haarlem, made all the better by this wonderful hostel.

I would go back to Haarlem just so I could stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Although a bit far out from the city, it was well worth it! The decor in the rooms and communal areas were really quirky, which made it a fun experience. My bedroom had a swing hanging from the ceiling and lots of other creative features. The whole hostel was well kept and clean, and the beds were really comfortable. On top of this the staff were very helpful. Great visit!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends