“Gorgeous fish & chips”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Volendam
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eating and drinking at the harbour restaurant De Lunch is rarely a solitary experience. The tables always present a heady and fascinating mix of tourists hailing from all corners of the world, rubbing shoulders with formally attired business people, colleagues, students, young families, friends and even lovers.
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Had dinner in this restaurant as part of a trip to Volendam & the food was so nice. We ordered cod & chips. If you have ever had fish & chips in England, these are ACTUAL fish & chips where there's more fish than batter, like the ones we have in Spain. We were served by lovely Julia who took good care of us. It's just by the port so you can sit looking out to the beautiful view.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Very fresh seafood combination meals, and various meat meals, at reasonable prices. Generous servings, fast friendly service. Friendly polite waitress in Renate. Highly recommended for everyone.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant, the food very good, i believe the relation price and quality was good and Johanna the best waitress here ....

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is NOT a 4 or 5 star restaurant. Others have over-rated this place. It IS however, very good for lunch. I had the fish, chips and Heineken (which is on the menu for 11,50 Euros) but I ordered and extra small beer (and I do mean small!). The meal was dee-lish, hot and tasty. I would return here for lunch. It's on the Boardwalk in Voldendam. I recommend it. It's noisy, but the wait service was fast and friendly. Total bill: 14 Euros!

1  Thank Chris500
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing place! Delicious food! The waitress and entire personnel were very kind, I just love Netherlands very welcoming people. So lovely! I believe the relation price and quality was okay!