“A real surprise”

Paviljoen Smit Bokkum
Reserve with
Paviljoen Smit Bokkum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Volendam
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We arrive here with no expectations and the dinner was a real surprise! The waiters very proudly explained to us that the fish was coming from the waters in front of the restaurant's windows, and the fish was smoked in the backyard. We followed their advices and we were surprised by the excellent food, fresh, aromatic ... a taste explosion! Bravo!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

(ENG) Must see for a visit to Volendam. For a 4K video impression, please watch the footage that I have uploaded on Youtube (see my profile) on 16 June 2017.

(NL) Aanrader voor een bezoek aan Volendam. Voor een 4K video indruk, zie de Youtube upload (link in mijn profiel) van 16 juni 2017

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful terrace on the water and delicious smoked fish! The best fish place we visited in the Netherlands. Would come here again next time!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Semi-warm food, had to get the menus myself after 7 minutes waiting around (when I asked for them, the waitress wanted to give me them, but I told her where we were sitting instead, so she could bring them, as she should), didn't feel welcome or treated as a guest at ALL. I reserved a table for a Wednesday evening, but the place was half empty. I didn't notice any reason for them to neglect us, and be so impersonal and distant.
The food was average, nothing too special: the local fish shop in Hilversum sells crispier and tastier cod than here.
Beautiful location though, and the smoked eel was good. Do note... A restaurant needs to work hard to maintain a good reputation. I won't go so far to say that this is a tourist trap, but I felt cheated once I left, really disappointed in this place, especially after reading all the other reviews. I am Dutch, I have eaten fish, eel, all of it before, and this really isn't the best food experience I had in the Netherlands. Please try somewhere else and save yourself a LOT of money! I took my foreign friends for a few dinners this week, and this was by far the most expensive one. Not worth it - poor service, OK food, nice location, but throughout the whole stay I felt uncomfortable. Never again.

3  Thank AstridHunt
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

İt was excellent experience for us tasting some sea foods. You should order smoke mux fish plate, and you should try local Volendam beer here.