“Horrible Service! Excellent Smoked Eel and View!”
Review of De Molen Volendam

De Molen Volendam
Ranked #22 of 41 Restaurants in Volendam
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Description: Hot spot at the harbour in Volendam. Special beer cafe. Tiny bar, lots of local guests.
Reviewed 20 June 2016

The waiter willfully ignored us. The smoked eel and bier was so good I wanted to order more and relax and enjoy the beautiful view there. Despite making eye contact with me when we requested her attention (many times), she would not come by the table. Never came back to us. At one point it was obvious she was pretending she we didn't exist. Other tables near us also got shunned (not locals). The waiter seemed to focused tables with locals, who got excellent service. After, half an hour of waiting, I had to approach her at the register to request the bill. It was a tense interaction. Real shame because the food and the view was awesome. I would have gladly given them a whole lot more of my money. But no worries, plenty of other great bars and restaurants on the strip who care about costumer service.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

we had 2 cappuccino and 1 applepie.We paid 7.40 e and coffe was quite good and the pie amazing and homemade.
fast and polite waitress.beautiful decoration and nice music

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Someone forgot to wash off the detergent while making our coffees, so their tasted revolting. Incredibly noisy place, talking was nearly impossible. Couldn't hunt down the waiter when we wanted to pay.

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

This bar has the most kinds of beers of the town Volendam. It's a small pub were you can enjoy good music (sometimes a bit wrong like 'take on me')

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Small, cozy lunchroom attended by a very young, enthusiastic and "couldn't-be-nicer" couple. Every time I tried the poffertjes there they were great: hot and dry in the outside, soft and humid inside. It usually gets a litlle time to be served because poffertjes, pancakes and fries are made at order so they are served steaming. If you're not in a hurry, is is perfect. The belgian waffels are also good.