“The best Fish and Chips in Volendam”
Review of Cafe Centraal

Cafe Centraal
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Volendam
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I visited Cafe Centraal in Volendam and I can easily say that I was served with the best Fish and Chips in this little Dutch fishing village. Service was great and with a smile . You order Fish and Chips and a beer and Hey Presto !! I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I had lunch there in a mid noon heat.
Loved the authmosphire.
Comfortable red velvet seats, good music, air condition. Who need more.
I had code cod fish with frits and beer. Was tasty. I enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We were part of the Lindbergh Tour & Travel group and they recommended a restaurant for lunch in Volendam. We ventured off course and discovered our own place ... just a few paces away from there. The fish & chips was delicious and was delivered in a very short time. And, they had a nice selection of cold beverages to choose from - i.e. beer. The staff was very friendly. This restaurant will get you in-and-out for your allotted time during your tour.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We ate dinner at this restaurant during a break from our tour of Volendam, Marken and Windmills. The tour guide recommended another restaurant which was very crowded. We decided to eat here because it was quite. Th local fish was very good and we enjoyed our meals very much, The restaurant had local decoration wit some outside seating. It had a beautiful view of the lake. This a good place for a meal if you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We stopped in during a break from our tour of the windmills waiting for the ferry to Marken. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and we wanted to grab lunch and a couple of beers. The place wasn't terribly busy, but it seemed to take much longer than it should to have taken to get our drink order (server may have been new), but after the first round, we felt like we were basically ignored. We wanted to get some food and still make the ferry, but it soon become clear we weren't going to have enough time to eat. The second problem we had (admittedly we shouldn't have assumed) was that the server said that they didn't accept our Visa or MasterCard, and we didn't have enough Euros to pay (it was our last day in the Netherlands). She said that there was an ATM around the corner, but I looked up and down the area, in the hotel, and just could not find one. In the mean time, my father-in-law talked to the owner and he was gracious enough to say that he would accept a payment in US dollars. We ended up missing the ferry but were able to catch the next one. The food really looked and smelled delicious, but unfortunately we weren't able to try any.