See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel was in a Great location, great sea view from room, room was quite dated but had all you could need, fridge, cooker, microwave etc.
Centre parcs only a short walk over the road and also the race circuit next to that.
Great stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicfred
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We spent the last week at Strandhotel and loved it! I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. We were checked in by Sade who was friendly and most helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning, that offered a wide variety of food. I never heard my neighbors, a nice quiet hotel. Right across the street from the beach, the views were amazing. We enjoyed using the swimming pools and my grandson loved the wave pool. Something for everyone. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this vacation and were truly sad when it was time to head home. I highly recommend this hotel. We were on the 3rd floor, not too high but views that don't disappoint. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

My colleague and I are in Zandvoort on business and were booked into this hotel for 1 night. I'm in room 866 on floor 6.

On the approach to the hotel we noticed how rundown it looked. It's a large, ugly concrete looking block that probably looked reasonable in the 80's. Walking round the building to the entrance we noticed a shattered window.

The room I'm in commands a great view of the beach, Unimpeded by the other buildings close by. The view really is the only reason to stay here though. Like the exterior, my room is also very rundown. The bathroom tiles have holes in them and have been sealed with large clumps of silicon which is now perishing and easily folds back to expose crumbling plaster. The windowsill is cracked and chipped and the decor is ancient. The bed had a broken leg.

At night I noticed a loud whistling sound so I walked around my room to investigate. It turns out there was a massive pressure difference in y room and every time I opened by door the whistling wind stopped. I locked the door shut or a tighter fit and this did help but didn't eliminate the noise. I went over to my window to find the cause and I found a lot of breeze was whizzing in from around the corner of the frame which was audible. To solve this I had to leave my window open all night.

It's a shame this hotel hasn't been renovated but I suspect because of the location and the great view that nothing will change anytime soon. Why spend money to invest in the hotel when people will pay these prices for this view?

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank issueskid
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

The sea view from the room was amazing, even if only at the third floor. Kitchenette in the room was practical and there was a supermarket in the neighborhood. 10 minutes walk to the train station from where you can easily reach Amsterdam. Welcome gift box at the check-in. Coffee machine with complementary coffee. Friendly and helpful staff. Good accommodation for families.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights in early June and I have to say after reading the reviews I was expecting to be disappointed but how wrong could I be!! Don't believe all you read, the hotel was in a fantastic location the room was immaculate the staff were more than helpful and welcoming and the room had a view to die for!! What is wrong with people even the breakfast was outstanding, well done to the whole team and I would certainly return....

Room Tip: We were on the eighth floor and I presume all the rooms have a sea view but 893/895 were brilliant.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family