“Nice restaurant, nice staff, bad food”
Review of Hong Kong

Hong Kong
Ranked #61 of 123 Restaurants in Zandvoort
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is very clean and tables well spaced - though when we visited before 7pm there were two tables in use. We ordered takeaway to our holiday apartment. The staff were very friendly and when I asked if they spoke English they tried but it was easier in this case to use my bad Dutch to get by - I'd written down our order from a menu in our apartment which helped.

The food arrived quickly and was wrapped in paper before being placed in a carrier bag, so it stayed piping hot for the short walk home. Portions were very generous and one meal fed two of us with far too much wastage for our tastes - but this seems to be the case of Chinese takeaways we've tried in Amsterdam too.

Unfortunately the quality of the food let it all down. One part (noodles) was ordered plain but came with pork (to which I'm allergic) but luckily there was also some rice - which was bland and not so enjoyable. The chicken dish was greasy and has left me with a feeling of a film in my mouth for several hours now.

I'm quite disappointed after all the good reviews, but there you go.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

we've been here three times now, and as nice as it is, next time in Zandvoort, I need to be somewhere else... the food here is simple, prepared and served with love, but it is on the bland side. The tomato soup was very sweet, and must have come out of the same tin as it did last time.
friendly and efficient service but I don't think we'll be back again, not because it's horrible, as it's clearly not! but just to have a change of venue.
If you're used to Chinese eating in the UK, this is not the same. If eating a set menu for say 2 people, the main courses come all together on one large platter, and not in individual dishes. Not saying that this is wrong, just different.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

If you have seen one of the average Chinese restaurants in the Netherlands, then you know what to expect here. Decent value, no risk on the food. It's all just standard, don't expect anything exciting. I made the mistake and followed the advice of the staff, to pick a different dish than i initially wanted(which was sold out), and ended up with something i didn't like at all.

1  Thank SirTravelaLot77
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went to the Hong Kong restaurant last Friday and had the Indonesian set meal. We made the mistake of ordering a sate starter as well and in truth, we had far too much to eat.

The meal was delicious. Service was quick, friendly and efficient and the price was quite acceptable as well.

There are plenty of eateries nearby but next time we're in Zandvoort, it will be a first choice.

1  Thank Gastropod
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Plain and Simple Food at a reasonable price. variety of oriental styles and set meals. We have had a number now and they have all been ok

1  Thank greggthebuilder1