Hotel Mitland(Utrecht)
US$96
  • Pool
US$63
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

US$90
  • Restaurant
US$77
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Star Lodge Hotels(Utrecht)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Utrecht(Utrecht)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsno lifthandwritten notethe ground floorboutique hotelsmall hotelcanal housethe studyoverlooking the canalmalin goetzstairs are steepupper roomssweet dreamscouple who runreception closeschain hotelsnespresso machinetrain station
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I chose Mary K really on the back of other reviews and I have to say I was not disappointed.

This is an 18th century house in easy walking distance from the centre of Utrecht. The interior decor is beautiful. Whilst it retained some of its original features and charm, it has been very tastefully modernised and is very unique in its style.

The reception area doubles as the kitchen and dining area - yes it looks like someones front room/kitchen diner but it is so well done. Very tastefully decorated, bright airy and slightly quirky.

The rooms are fantastic and very eco friendly - in fact the whole hotel is geared subtly to a green environment. Rooms are well equipped, modern, lovely touches such as flowers with my name on the label and a very large pink elephant draped over one beam!

The bathroom, was stunning. Basically a wet room, very modern, clean and large.

Breakfast - Well I went for the Mary K - fresh rolls, eggs (cooked in front of you), fresh juice, coffee, home made muesli and yoghurt, home made jams, cheese and meats. Doesn't seem much ?? believe me it was huge.

Just some points to note - steep stairs and no lift for the less able. And price - well there are cheaper places but none so attractive and welcoming in my view!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Mary K, Manager at Mary K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you so much for your very lovely and detailed review! A little tip for the less abled people, or people that can't walk stairs, we have two rooms on the ground floor too. Hope to see you soon again !

Reviewed 26 January 2017

My wife and I stayed here on a recent trip, and were really delighted by the room (which overlooked the canal) and the warm, friendly staff. The room was clean, comfortable, and eclectically decorated, and the hotel's location alongside the canal was perfect for seeing the city. We will certainly choose to stay here if we visit Utrecht again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary K, Manager at Mary K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you so much for your nice review! See you soon again

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Parking is about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away from hotel, the garage is next to the police station. We booked an upgraded room with a view that would sleep 3. This meant we had the room by the front door, all guest coming in and out sounded as if they were coming into our room, do not stay in this room. I would stay here again because the staff is out standing and I would certainly recommend it to anyone just stay in another room. The hotel itself is very nice and very well located.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Audra H
Mary K, Manager at Mary K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you for your review. We took your words to heart and put extra sound proofing on the doors. The next advise goes out to all guests. If you have any specific requests or wishes, we always try to accomodate those. We hope you come back to us soon Audra and we can place you in one of the rooms on the higher floors.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

What a lovely place to stay. From the minute I entered the reception and dining area I loved the unique and charming feel of this hotel. The staff are equally charming, so helpful and friendly and willing to do much to make your stay comfortable and easy. The room I had (room 1) was absolutely lovely, large, spacious, great bathroom and so far removed from a corporate chain hotel. The bed was really comfortable, the bed linen of really superior quality and I slept so well. Personalised touches in the room were very special. The only downside was that I was only staying one night. I will definitely make a return visit. I love this place.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Mary K, Manager at Mary K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you so much for these lovely words! You are very welcome to come back soon

Reviewed 28 December 2016

There is a lot of passion and love at the Mary K. Everything has character, to begin with the rooms - all different and charming.
Mine is called "workshop" - room number 5, where a small canvas was waiting for my evening "art-attack"! There is great attention in serving organic, freshly prepared breakfast and definitely the guests are well taken care of.
Just one minus: the steepest stairs with the smallest steps you might want to climb while carrying your luggage!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Mary K, Manager at Mary K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you very much for your nice review! The stairs are steep indeed. Because our 18th century building is monumentally protected we may not put an ellavator in the building. But we are happy to carry your luggage up the stairs. And if you don't want to climb any stairs at all, we also have rooms on the ground floor.