“Delicious traditional meat ball”
Review of De Ballentent

De Ballentent
Ranked #28 of 1,121 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

A delicous Dutch meat ball, with an excellent value for money! Service is done by locals with a typical Rotterdam accent. The cafe has an interesting history and is always busy during lunch and dinner time, so reservations are advised.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The Ballentent was rewarded the price of best 'ballen' (meatballs) of Rotterdam and I must say, variation on the menucard looks impressive as well the ball on the plate of the other restaurant guests. However I choose 'veal liver' as it was already I long time I had eaten this delicious dish. I was rewarded with a very nice piece of liver fried just as it has to be. So no regrets although I still would like to know how the best 'balls' of Rotterdam are tasting.The waitress Kelly was friendly, efficient and very professional.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Authentic Dutch food. So don't expect anything fancy or gourmet, but rather something tasty. Do you like meatballs? What about french fries? If the answer is yes, then you should come here since it's pretty much what they have. But many say they are THE best meatballs in Rotterdam. They were pretty good as a matter of fact. But the fries were amazing. Service was rather slow, but we weren't in a rush. So not a problem for us.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Very Rotterdam like restaurant. Staff are very very nice. We had a few rounds of meatballs. Excellent choice.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Food was wonderful, really special. Service was the worst. We don't know how or if we offended the server but her behaviour was reprehensible. We enjoyed the food and said so. She responded to several requests for water with giving us water in dirty glasses. So obvious. And left before giving us the bill, leaving us uncomfortable and rudely dealt with by the rest of the staff. We had lunch there earlier with no problems. So, you don't like non-Dutch customers? Tourists? People who eat gluten free (I had specified that in my reservation email)? People who don't drink beer? Gluten free means no beer. Good establishments have good, caring, tolerant staff. Once the owner went home, this place became a bad place to be. We were so looking forward to this dinner. Ruined our experience.