“Great Croque Monsieur”
Review of Roots Rotterdam

Roots Rotterdam
Reserve with
Roots Rotterdam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 1,093 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$5 - US$57
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I ate a late lunch here as I was staying in the hotel. I ordered the croque Monsieur and a raspberry mojito. The croque was delicious, the salad fresh although covered in oil rather than a dressing - just not to my taste. The mojito was delicious but I actually doubted there was any alcohol in there - it tasted like a virgin one - and as I spotted the lady how served me tasting it before I got it, I can only assume she had not done one before!

Great decor and I am sure during the evening it would be livelier. A good hotel restaurant.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Buffet breakfast offered a wide variety of typical Euro foods. Eggs to order are available. Great food quality, many fresh items. Service was most attentive.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We had dinner at Roots and really enjoyed our evening. The food was delicious and beautifully plated. The staff were attentive and took really good care of us. We will definitely recommend and come back! Thank you

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Very good bistro for a hotel restaurant. large variety of food items from a quinoa salad to eggs benedict or mussels. You will surely find something appealing. My food was very good.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I opted for the set menu, which started off with a stunning smoked trout dish followed by pork belly. I had a local beer to accompany although in hindsight I should have gone for a crisp dry white wine.

The starter could not be faulted whatsoever but although the main was well-presented, the meet was tad dry and required extra seasoning.

The service is impeccable, attentive but not too overbearing... Just what you want!