“Above and beyond to help”
Review of Parkhotel Den Haag

Parkhotel Den Haag
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 31 October 2017

First time in Amsterdam and I was unlucky enough to get sick and ended up in hospital. As a result I missed some flights and the staff there went above and beyond to help me get new flights and were friendly and helpful making my stay there more memorable. Hamda and Rohaing could see how distressed I was and they should be commended on their service and hospitality.

The hotel itself was clean and could not be faulted our room was as described and good size, clean and well serviced. Facilities were modern.

I would recommend this hotel again and will definitely stay there again.

Thank you for making a bad experience regarding my health a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to see that Hamda and Rohainy were able to help you, making your stay in The Hague a little bit better. Your kind comments have been passed through to them and all the staff.
We hope that you will recover soon and come back some time, in good health.

Take care and thank you again for your wonderful recommendation.

Kind regards,

Management Parkhotel Den Haag

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Park hotel is well situated in the Hague close to the centre with shops and restaurants nearby. Booked in advance by my employer I was unsure what to expect. Room paid for in advance but not bed and breakfast and a tiny single room. The room was fine but a little warm. At the top of the house I wonder if there were other rooms available as the hotel was very quiet as this is off season. Towel supply for the single occupant minimal.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel has other, larger room types as well. We would be pleased to book this for you next time. And please ask for more towels if needed, we will be happy to bring some more. Furthermore it is not quite off season with us now :) Look forward welcoming you again! Kind regards, Management Parkhotel Den Haag

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Very elegant Hotel in the heart of the city. Personnel excellent : Kind, helpful, problem solver, customer oriented. Very good food, and breakfast. The room clean and comfortable. I strongly reccomend it! Silvia Castorina

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Silvia, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! We look forward welcoming you again in the hotel! Kind regards, Management Parkhotel Den Haag

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Great location, very central.
Rooms very comfortable, if a little cramped, very clean.
Very helpful staff.
Nice bar but with a limited menu, however, there are lots of places to eat nearby, offering all kinds of cuisine at prices to suit all budgets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Parkhotel_DH, Guest Relations Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Pete,

Thank you for staying with us.
We are very happy to see that you have enjoyed your room and our service.
Thanks for the lovely words :)

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Management Team Parkhotel Den Haag

Reviewed 5 October 2017

A friend and I wanted to have a City Break. I'd suggested Amerstam which we were happy with. After a mix up with a hotel of a similar nature in Amsterdam, the Parkhotel was booked. I'm glad there was that mix up. The hotel was centrally placed, clean, with welcoming staff. We were too early to check in, but we were able to leave our cases in a secure room with a receipt issued which we had to produce when collected. The rooms were comfortable - tea and coffee facilities provided, plus an area in the reception area for us to top up if needed. The added bonus of a "mini bar" for our own personal use was nice. The usual smellies were in the bathroom.

Breakfast. I'm not one for breakfast at home, but here. MMMMM tasty. The usual cereals, continental of cheeses, hams, fruit and yoghurt, along with the full English served in a lovely room overlooking the gardens.

My friend and I were due to leave before breakfast was served. We enquired whether a "packed lunch" style breakfast was available to be collected on check out. Chef was very accomodating, a chap happy to chat too. It was available and my goodness what a generous pack it was. Six rounds of bread with fillings from salmon, cheese, ham and salad. Pastries, fruit, crisps, a biscuit bar and a drink. There was enough in each pack to feed us for breakfast, lunch and a quick snack!

The staff overall at the hotel were lovely, friendly and warm. Nothing was too much trouble.

I only have one gripe. The breakfast is served in a beautiful room, but there's no evening restaurant. I appreciate there's room service, but I feel the hotel is underselling itself by not having a restaurant in the evening. I'm sure it would be well used.

Overall. A great central hotel in a beautiful city with decent restaurants and bars nearby. Will visit again!

Room Tip: Off the main area, but offering great value and quietness