“Lousy staff and service ”
Review of Crunch

Crunch
Ranked #11 of 29 Coffee & Tea in The Hague
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We waited after we ordered food and drinks for 30 minutes and nothing happened. I went 2 times to the counter to ask for our drinks and we got served none. In the meantime they brought coffee to the lady next to us, who arrived 15 minutes later than us. Another 10 minutes later they served our food but still no drinks. We asked for an explanation and they told us that they ran out of glasses for the juice. And for the grand final in the end they charged us food we didn’t order...

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on a Sunday morning while on my way to another shop for a takeaway coffee and a few slices of cake. My banana bread was freshly made and with big chunks of fruit. My partner loved his raspberry chocolate tart so much he cant stop talking about it. I found the personnel friendly and it didnt cost too much.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

A cosy cafe with relaxed atmosphere. I had a lovely fresh pot of Darjeeling tea, with real tea leaves in a beautiful pot. The full english definitely hits the spot, 2 eggs (I had mine fried but they offer poached or scrambled), 2 Richmond sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomato and beans and 2 thick slices of toast...what more can you ask on an autumn Sunday morning..perfect :)

TPSaix, Owner at Crunch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you!! Happy you liked it!

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

A very good amount of seating compared to other cafes and there's even a section of toys for kids near a couch. Meals are very generous portions and service was great! I had the omelette which was cooked perfectly and my daughter had the French toast. Both very tasty! I believe my daughter's Apple juice was made fresh too:) Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I was on holiday at The Hague and everything everywhere was pretty reasonably priced although the euro has caught up with the pound Ok until I went to crunch. Firstly, there's only one lady working there on a Sunday morning trying to take orders from about 20 people waiting, and there is only one cook who's hygiene looks very questionable. We bought 2x egg and beans on toast, THE BILL CAME TO 22 EUROS, that's basically £20 for egg n beans on toast with terrible service, do not recommend.

1  Thank Adventure672635
TPSaix, Owner at Crunch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Hello!
I am sorry you had such a bad experience at Crunch. We take every negative review very seriously. In this case, I have reported your review to TripAdvisor, because of the following points:
- It provides inaccurate information about pricing: The price of a breakfast with eggs and baked beans is €8.75. For 2 breakfast, the total price is €17.50. The €22.50 total bill must include drinks, as well. Our breakfast is not just "eggs and beans on toast", but 2 free range eggs, with a half grilled tomato, fried mushrooms and 2 thick slices of organic bread for €7.25. A portion of baked beans costs €1.50. For a full breakfast, the price is €9.90: 2 eggs, tomato, mushrooms, bread, Heinz beans, bacon, Richmond sausages. The prices are clearly stated on the menu. We are ones of the cheapest breakfast places in town. In some places, you pay up to 17,50 for just one person.
- It makes a judgement about our cook's hygiene based on his appearance: One of our cooks has dreadlocks neatly kept in a hat when he is in the kitchen. Another cook, also with long hair, wears it in a bun. Aprons may have food stains, something normal when you work in a kitchen. I find this comment disturbing, because it's based on prejudice and nothing more.
- Service: During week days, we have one person only in the morning, because it is mostly manageable. In the weekends with have 2 to 3 people. I really doubt there were 20 people simultaneously waiting to order, unless they came all at once, in a group. If it was the case that our service was so terrible, I really apologise. We try to do our best for customers.