Hotel Scheldezicht
US$118
US$109
US$108
Hotels.com
Park Inn by Radisson Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$308
US$250
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewsgrote marktoverlooking the squarefloorcentreeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

For the money and location this place is ok. It’s very basic, a bit tatty, but very clean. It’s location is great being close to the sights and nightlife.
They could do more to help which could improve their rating, for example they wouldn’t sell us a coffee because they are only for breakfast and a friend needed to print a boarding pass which they also refused.
Overall though if you’re on a budget give this place a go, it’s ok.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I was staying in Antwerp with my children for one night and we decided on this hotel due to the price and proximity to everything in the city. I knew it was going to be basic and did not expect much, but this place was beyond what I could have imagined. The staff did not check any of our ID's upon check-in. We were given a key and pointed to the stair case. I dragged our luggage up the narrow stairs (I knew there was not an elevator) and I was still hoping for the best once we got to the room. The room. Yikes. The carpet was smelly and dirty. Stains on the walls. Bedding was thin and ragged. Beds were sagging. The bathroom, though old, was clean, so that was one thing that kept me from running out. My main concern was cleanliness and safety, especially since I was alone with two young children. I actually debated leaving, but my son reminded me that we had already paid in full and it was 4pm and we were leaving first thing in the morning, so we could go out and explore the city and just come back and sleep for one night. We barely slept as there was a party in the square in front of the hotel. We could also hear people coming up and down the stairs all night. I quickly showered (no hot water or water pressure) and we left the hotel as soon as possible. I don't consider myself to have high needs when it comes to hotels--just ask for basic cleanliness. I have traveled around the world and stayed in some interesting places. However, this place was just gross and you can find better for the money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I came back to Antwerp to meet with friends and family and have some business meetings.

The hotel booking had been made by the travel agency of my employer and payed for by American Express. At the hotel i found out that they do not accept American Express, so i had to pay with my Visa card. I should check if i am not charged twice now...

The rooms at the back of the hotel get a lot of sun, good for tourists who like to see sun and blue skies, but not ideal for a business traveler who needs to get things done.

So i asked to move to a room at the front of the hotel, overlooking the square with trees; a lot cooler (and with more windows to open - i even got a fan to keep the room cool.

Breakfasts are always good at this hotel, lots of local food and good coffee.

If you need to be in the city center and travel by car, you better be careful with the parking meters. Prices go up by the hour, so its better value to put your car in one of the underground car parks.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are cooler in summer time.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Top: Location, price for a room, WIFi, breakfast (only 5 euro) and clean. Tip: The room slook much better on the pictures then in real, the stairs to the fifth floor :-) and the noisiness. In total a good hotel for a fair price, you don't pay top money so do not expect the Ritz

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2016

The hotel is located at 5 minutes from the "Grote Markt" , Cityhall, the "Groenplaats", the Scheld River and a lot of other highlight of the city.

Good restaurants for Lunch and Diner can be found in the same area, shops and art galleries are located almost next door.

If you like antiques, collectables and rare finds you should visit the "Kloosterstraat" just around the corner; it is really the place to find something special to take home ...

Staff off the hotel is friendly, and can provide you with information about the city and places to see, if you ask.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget take a room with toilet outside the room.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business