“Excellent Corsica style restautant”
Review of Le Jamy'son

Le Jamy'son
Ranked #1 of 151 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Found the restaurtant on trip advisor and it was a big positive surprise. A little difficult to find it, as it is in a small street, in a kind of a business park, but absolutely worth searching for it. First the staff: very warm and friendly, you feel like hosted by friends or the family. Then the food: I've tried a selection of 3 Corsica tappas, what may sound a small portion, but it was not only more than enough but really tasty and delicious.
The owner recommended me a traditional Corsica wine, and it was a great fit too. Overall a very nice experience!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I went here simply to try the number one rated restaurant in Waterloo.

I was initially worried as the entrance via a nondescript car park doesn't make it look too appealing, but inside it's nice.

The staff were friendly and the food was good, but in all honesty, I can't say that this is the best restaurant in Waterloo - it's good, but not the best!

Some other little things, I was regularly ignored when trying to order dessert, and it took me some time to order it.

Worth a try though.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We decided last minute to see if they had any tables and we where very lucky to get one. The service was great and so was the food, they also had live music and the atmosphere was great, we will come back for sure!

jamy2a, Gérant at Le Jamy'son, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We have tried to get a table here on weekends earlier with no success, but midweek was easier, so be sure to book your table in advance! Only three tables were free tonight, so a very popular place.

We went for the tapas for 27 € and did not regret it. The only thing i regret was eating too much of the delicious bread, because the plates of food seemed like never ending, they just kept coming. Everything was just so tasty and delicatly served.

I have had lunch here once earlier with a friend, and we had the same experience back then, food was great both in taste and to look at.

Those who work here are friendly, attentive and helpful, and we are definitively coming back here! Thanks for a wonderful food experience! If I could give you a six star rating I would!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here with friends and we were lucky enough to have the last table of 4 tiny inside so getting a table was a bonus for us. The Corsican tapas for 27€ per person is a must to go for the food never ended until we said we couldn't eat anymore and everything served either truffle or galic flavoured was so delicious. We went on Friday night and a blind man sang and what a great ambiance he gave the restaurant will certainly go again. One of my favourite experiences and will certainly book again and try something new on the menu.