“Mussels good - busy, jostling, characterful manager”
Review of Le Pre Sale

Le Pre Sale
Ranked #803 of 3,952 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$47 - US$78
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The food we had was good - we had mussels. Neighbouring table (very close!) had steak and a meat 'stew' - they said they enjoyed it. Restaurant busy in a touristy but still enjoyable area. Not haute cuisine but certainly not disappointed.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Nice place, kind service and great food. Every two years we spend 1 week in Brussels for an exhibition and "Le pre sale" is the place that we always choose to have a good dinner. the moules are the best we have eaten in Brussels and everytime they never disappoint our expectations! I reallly suggest this place! I recommend to reserve a table.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My cousin and I stopped here for dinner, specifically for moules. They were busy but with plenty of available tables. Service was slow and after 10 minutes of sitting with the menu, I asked for the garlic moules and my cousin requested a glass of red wine. We were told my cousin had to order the moules too. My cousin is however, allergic to mussels and said so. We were then told to please leave. Both of us were so shocked we remained frozen in our seats for a few seconds. I suppose if they had only one or two tables available I could understand that they would want both of us to order food. In this instance, I was baffled that they would turn paying customers away. What I most object to was the way in which we were told to leave. It was so unnecessary to be so rude. Cannot possibly recommend this place.

4  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Had moules (it is the right season). The food is nice, the wine ok, the toilet is down some steep stairs in the corner, you are basically seated shoulder-to-shoulder with the next person, the waiters barely speaks English....but somehow I love it.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

the place is close to st catherine square..very busy and a variety of dishes..order filet and the sauce with mushroom so tasty..bon appetit