“Good Location, Friendly Staff, but.....”

Aris Grand Place Hotel
Ranked #109 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights; would have given it a score of ''4" but decided not to. The lady who helped me check-in was kind and very friendly while the other 2 male employees were not. Location is good - I could walk to the center, restaurants, shops, etc. within 5-10 minutes.

Issues: Aircondition was not working during my stay. There was an electric fan in the room which did not help very much in cooling off my room. The wifi did not work the days of my stay so I was not able to post my reviews of places I visited in Tripadvisor.com.

Will not stay here again. Other cheaper hotels I stayed at during my 3 weeks of travels of Belgium and the Netherlands have fast FREE Wifi!

Room Tip: Verify if their AC and Wifi are already working before booking your reservations.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 September 2017

You are paying more for the location in the centre of Brussels two steps away from the grand place and central train station. The rest of our stay was terrible. The staff were so unfriendly, the first when we checked-in was more giving us instructions like school kids, when we asked the night reception desk for a spare pillow he nearly shout at us, and wasn't happy to help us telling us it is not inclusive in the room rate, and the morning reception lady did not smile once! The room was very basic for the price you pay, and I couldn't sleep in the morning since road works were taking place right underneath my window with jack hammers at 7:30! And the bathroom had a leak and flooded for no obvious reason, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

It's location is great, it is a very basic hotel, it has been wrongly starred a 3 star hotel by booking.com, rooms are very small as usual in Europe , nearby you have too many eating joints , Grand palace hardly 100 meters and lot of chocolate shops which is the most known product( Belgian Chocolate ) . Hop on hop off bus stops very nearby 300 metres. Don't know why it's very noisy in the night .I have stayed here for two nights, beds not comfortable. It's just OK don't rely on booking .com ratings.

Room Tip: If no option then only select this hotel otherwise not
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Good location in the heart of the city, close to the train station. Other than that I can't recommend this hotel. The hotel is in sad shape. The lobby is in dire need of renovation. The 1 vending machine was out of order. We got the handicapped room (I did not request this) on the bottom floor with a view of the alley, currently a construction zone as it's being re-bricked. The windows didn't securely close. The room was ultra-hot for some reason (it was 16c outside). The A/C was not cold. The bed was uncomfortable. The pillows felt like they were full of chunky Styrofoam chips. There was only 1 outlet down near the floor next to the door. There was no wifi. The front desk attendant was unsympathetic to our concerns.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Although the hotel was clean, the situation to be on th center of Brussels was not the best noisy on on the street, end of night and begining of the day with cleaning cars begining early in the morning.

Stayed: December 2016