“very good”

Price range: US$7 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2018

in the 2 days I spent in Brussels, I think I ate here 3 or 4 times.

quaint and cozy, the crepes, service, and atmosphere were all very nice.

kept me coming back!!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

La Maison des crêpes is very well located, in the very centre of Brussels. The restaurant itself is quaint. The idea of a crêperie, a "pancake place", is brilliant. However, the service wasn't good. The waitress was very cute but didn't do her job properly. She gave me the dish of someone else and gave the drink I had asked five minutes earlier to my friend. She hit my leg more than ten times while passing by and never apologized.

The cider I had was terrible and almost made me sick. I don't know what was wrong with that cider... Maybe it had been open for too long a time... In any case, I suggest you to avoid cider in that restaurant. And the last thing I didn't like at all was the name card. It's a photo of Shiva's family: himself, his wife Parvati and their two sons, Ganesh and Kartikeya. Four Hindu Gods! I don't mind to see Hindu Gods (I was a yoga teacher for ten years and I went six times to India), but why are they on the name card of a French restaurant? It's too religious!

Apart from that, I must admit that the pancakes are good. I had the Chef's pancake (la crêpe du Patron), with shrimps (crevettes grises), leek and a pretty good sauce. I recommend that pancake to you, especially if you don't mind being bullied by waiters.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

My friends were already inside so I tried to explain that to the employee and proceeded to go in. A nice lady told me my friends were already upstairs so I moved up, only to be stopped by the first employee that shoved a menu on my face.
I ended up not eating there (my friends did) and the employer had the nerve to tell me that if I was not going to eat then I shouldn't be there wasting is time.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Our enjoyed eating here twice during our stay in Brussels. We were treated very well, friendly and attentive staff. Crepes were lovely, fast service.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Although the waitress was kind and nice, the owner has treated us in a rude and arrogant manner for no reason.
Hot chocolate was basically hot milk, while the Cote D'or chocolate they serve as a side is a stone. We put it in the milk to melt it, but it didn't work. You can imagine...

Crepes are really good.