“Lovely little Japanese restaurant, with friendly, attentive service and good food”
Review of Mangetsu

Mangetsu
Ranked #661 of 3,877 Restaurants in Brussels
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was in Brussels just for a weekend and wasn't sure where to go. I had seen Mangetsu on a walk around, and when out again for dinner stumbled on it again so we gave it a go. It's only a little restaurant inside with a single table and seats at the counter. It was a Saturday evening, cold and dark outside, but nice and warm and welcoming inside. The lady owner was very friendly, polite and attentive. All the food is prepared by the owners in their kitchen and the sushi is prepared out front, so you know everything is fresh. We had the gyoza and kushiyaki (yakitori) to start then one of us had salmon sushi and the other udon. It was a nice dinner, I really liked it, especially the starters. There aren't that many reviews on Tripadvisor but I'm glad we weren't discouraged by this and we went. If I am back in Brussels I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Feels like I’m in Japan when obviously I’m in Brussels. Very very authentic Japanese food. Japanese Atmosphere

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had to wait over an hour for a soup that was overpriced (17€) and very slow service for everything else. We will not come back.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This is a humbled restaurant run by a lovely Japanese couple. Instead of sushi and sashimi, we decided to give a try to their hot dishes. We enjoyed our tempura udon and steam egg. My dad really enjoyed his katsudon (pork on rice). Overall, a good experience and feels like if we are in Japan. Give them a try!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I had read the place was small so on a Saturday night i had booked ahead for 2. We were transported to japan as soon as we passed the door. We had the best seat in the house, the freshest sushi and sashimi, the most delightful service and the most quaint ambiance. For us the most perfect tete-a-tete for a wonderful birthday. A great hole in the wall.