“Amazing Experience”

Cuisines: Deli, Ethiopian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first time trying Ethiopian food. What an amazing experience. The staff were friendly and helpful. We asked our server for recommendations and we order them. My husband and I like spicy food so we had the chicken made with 28 spices and the lamb with hot peppers. The chicken was our favorite but both were delicious. The meat was tender and melted in our mouths. The vegetable side dishes and cottage cheese were perfect compliments to our meal. The whole meal is served on a huge platter. You get a side basket of rolled up spongy flat bread. There are no utensils so you take pieces of bread to scoop up and eat the food on the platter. The flat bread alone has a subtle acidic taste but mixed with the food it is fabulous. The custom is to feed your first scoop with the bread to your dinner guest. My husband and I loved this idea. For dessert our wonderful server recommended the date and orange dessert. One order was enough for two people . It was delicious. We were so impressed with this restaurant and loved our dining experience. Thank you for this wonderful evening!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A busy and lively restaurant with a large bar providing very good food and the staff was very efficient and helpful.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great place to enjoy your evening with friends. Better make a reservation because it is really busy, even on the weekdays. Food is delicious and if you take a plate to share there will be more things to try. Be prepared to eat with your hands and with traditional bread. It's more fun like that :). Really tasty cocktails so do not hesitate to ask for a cocktail of a day or some suggestions. The staff is amazing, very friendly and helpful. Truly recommended if you look for more exotic flavours.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, great staff and great atmosphere. I am already planning my next visit.

The food was delicious and well presented. The music was a collection of timeless Ethio jewel. Hands down the best Ethio restaurant outside of Ethiopia.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent! Just pack your patience and be bold when getting attention from the wait staff. This place is only open on certain days at certain times, so they are always very busy. Once you do finally get service, some of the staff members will make sure that you know the 'rules' on how to eat Ethiopian dishes (incase if you have never tried it before).
We made reservations and I waited about 7 minutes to be seated; finally, I just walked up to a table and asked if I could sit and told them I made a reservation. Once we were seated, I knew it would take a while to get their attention again, so we decided to quickly look over the menu and we ended up ordering a platter dish (a dish with recommended foods) for 45 euro. Ethiopian foods can be quite expensive, but the platters for two was more than enough to send me straight to bed with a satisfied stomach.
I would try to get an early dinner or check out the menu online and know what to get so you can order it right away. The food is delicious, I promise you.
If you are not from Belgium or Europe in general, you will become familiar with the poor service and long wait. This happens most every where, so please do not become too offended. Do not come here starving and grumpy as hell or you will have a "bad experience." Pack your patience for the great food that awaits you.
This place would be great to take people that you are getting to know or have lots to talk about when filling in the time. I take my spouse so we can 'catch up' with things about work and life as we wait for service. We ordered the veggie platter. The decor is nice and dark, and sometimes they have a band playing. There is a wash station to clean your hands before/after eating (because you eat with your fingers). The dishes are not spicy, but they put the spice in a bowl so you can add it if you want to. You can also ask for more injera (the Ethiopian bread) if you run out. We were very satisfied.
We enjoy Ethiopian dishes and we were very pleased to find this place.