“A real find”
Review of Barbiet

Barbiet
Ranked #334 of 975 Restaurants in Ghent
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very cute little restaurant with great veggie food. Could not believe the special touches, like fragrant rose petals in the lemonade. Very delicious food and great staff.

1  Thank Kate P

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I went there to try the jackfruit taco's, since I never ate jackfruit before.
The taco's were nice, but that's it really. They were filled with beetroot and carrots and on top some jackfruit. I missed spices, I missed a nice dressing/sauce. It just didn't really do it for me.
And the tea that I had had absolutely no flavour at all, which was weird.
But it was a nice place, and I like their concept and how it looks so I would probably go there again and just eat and drink something else.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have visited Barbiet a couple of times now. Whenever I have to be in Ghent for a meeting, I go there to work a little bit and have my lunch. The atmosphere is cosy, the coffee is really tasty and the staff always very welcoming. I have tried a couple of different dishes for lunch and was always very pleased with the quality served. If you want to explore a more healthy type of kitchen, where you really notice that the chef has taken his time to come up with refreshing ideas, Barbiet could be right the place. Overall, I can highly recommend it for people who can work out of the office or for friends/couples/colleagues who want to enjoy a invigorating lunch break together.

4  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I had the best huevos rancheros since i ate this dish in Los Angeles: silky beans, fresh avocado, perfectly poached eggs, superb tacos... everything seasoned in a well-balanced way. A very soft and smooth dish like it should be. Barbiet is a nice and sweet spot in Ghent with great coffee, well selected drinks and beers, and excellent food!

3  Thank Klaas V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Not sure if they were just having an off day in the kitchen - but my husband and I went to this restaurant for breakfast whilst in Ghent and we found the food to be almost inedible. The staff were really lovely, and the coffee was delicious. We loved the atmosphere of the cafe as well. We both ordered the huevos rancheros and waited a long time for it to come out. Both dishes were cold, flavourless and mushy. The avocado was brown and at least a couple of days old, the tortilla tasted like cardboard, the beans were cold and the poached eggs were almost raw. We felt too bad to say anything, and based on other reviews, maybe they were just having an off day? I wouldn’t recommend Barbiet to anyone though.