“Ideal location: fabulous host!”
Review of Bed in Gent

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ghent
Bed in Gent
Ranked #7 of 116 Ghent B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Tom is a wonderful host and on our arrival took the time to highlight places to eat and places to visit in Gent. He is an interesting character and his career as a musician is reflected throughout the property; there was even a record player in our room with an eclectic collection of vinyl for our evening entertainment! The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable and breakfast was very tasty; particularly Tom's Mum's home-made jams! Local parking is 3 Euros for 24hrs and is easy to find. The 2012 Trip Advisor Excellence Award for Bed in Gent is justified and Tom should be proud of his service. Thanks Tom!

Room Tip: First floor room had better choice of records!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here in May 2011 (the drop down option on this form won't let me go back that far). The B&B is in such a great location, less than 5 minutes from the train station and the city center, and in a quiet little corner of the city. We stayed in the room on the top floor which was lovely and spacious. Tom had great recommendations for a fantastic dinner in a place we never would have found on our own, and for a nearby, atmospheric pub where we popped in mid-afternoon for a drink. We did feel badly that Tom carried our rather large bags up two very skinny and steep flights of stairs. Overall a great place and we recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

After arriving Saturday afternoon we were pleased to find out that our 3 euro parking fee would take us right round to Monday afternoon as you don't have to pay for Sundays, what a great start! Tom our host for the weekend was charming and polite, he was off to a concert but still took the time to recommend a few places to see. He also recommended the local bar which was great. When we explained that we were guests of Tom's they were genuinely friendly and happy to chat away. Tom advised us to make ourselves at home and feel free to use the kitchen to make tea and coffee when we returned in the evening .Each of the rooms has a record player what a nice change from T.V and C.D players, and there was records to play!. Breakfast was a very pleasant affair and it was nice that Tom stayed around chatting about his concerts and giving us more advise on things to do that day. Our two night stay was not long enough and when we return to Gent it will definatly be returning toTom's.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlanAmanda
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We had a planned holiday in the Ardennes - my husband and I, my mother and 2 small children - and hoped to finish the trip off with a weekend in Bruges as my mother wanted to visit. After not being able to secure decent accommodation to suit all our needs in Bruges I was recommended to visit Ghent by a few people instead...

Found Bed in Gent on Tripadvisor and impressed with the reviews (and the clean and simple website) enquired about booking it. Tom from the first communications was lovely.

Others have gone into detail about the accommodation and breakfasts so won't go on about that suffice to say it was very clean and tastefully decorated. Fabulous bath on the top floor too- perfect for Dynasty style bubble baths. We had a very comfortable stay.

What made it special was Tom's hosting - my husband enjoyed staying up having a chat downstairs and my daughter chatted away educating Tom in all things Beano. 'Grandma' loved it too. He is a fountain of knowledge on Ghent and recommended a few places to us which went down well. After the unfriendly folk of the Ardennes it was refreshing to meet a charming Belgian!

I am glad I listened to my friends and opted to visit Gent over Bruges (I've visited bruges before and enjoyed it but it is SO touristy) - Ghent is touristy too but has a much more 'real' vibe about the place and we loved walking around on a Saturday night soaking up the atmosphere, unfortunately the kids got tired so we had to go back to the b&b. Can't wait to go back and do more exploring, staying at Bed in Gent again of course, - but maybe will leave the kids at home next time :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

although I did not stay in this B&B because no availability , the owner was so kind to suggest me another B&B! I explained that, as young lady travelling alone, I was looking for a safe and nice place to stay overnight and he helped me with some very useful advices.

So I would like to thank Tom for his kindness and help! greetings from North Italy
ilenia