US$164
US$131
Hotels.com
US$140
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$114
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
't Keygoed(Ghent)(Great Value!)
1,098 results
All reviewstram stoprooms are small but cleanbudget hotelminute walkrail stationcity centrebuffet breakfastcar parkopen the windownight's sleeproom ratecouple of nightsexcellent locationcomfy bedcroissantsold citybeautiful city
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With chain hotels you always have an expectation of what you will get.
Checkin was very efficient and pleasant. I had a room on the top floor which had a little bit of a view. The room was basic, not much in the way of storage and a tiny TV (but then who goes on holiday to watch TV). I couldn't get any decent speed from the free wireless. Enough for email, no more.
The room had a decently powerful but very noisy AC unit - there was no way I could have slept with it running even with the reasionably comfy bed. (The pillows were awful, though).
The room was reasonably clean, but far from spotless. There were cobwebs (& spiders) around the ceiling. The "blackout curtains" were far from it & too short in either dirrection to get even close to blocking the light out.
Saving the (not) best to last - the bathroom. Hmmm, interesting. Tiny is one word which come to mind. But it needs a modifyer - "absolutely" would do!! The smallest bathroom I have ever seen. If you have limited mobility or are of a larger than average build, this is not the hotel for you. In order to stand in front of the basin to clean my teeth it was necessary to have the bathroom door open. I can guarantee you will bang your elbows in the shower too! Strangely, there was no hand towels provided.
The major plus point for this hotel is it's location. It is right at a tram stop (#1 from Gent St Peters station or back to the station from the historic center) or an easy 10 minute walk to the center & about 15 minutes to a vast range of restaurants & bars.
There is also a decently stocked Carrefour supermarket nearby (Hint - they have a fair range of Belgian beers at a far better price than the tourist shops in the center!).
In summary, I was a little disapointed by this hotel. I think the rediculous bathroom situation would prevent me going back.

Room Tip: Top floor, city side, for a bit of a view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
ibis_Opera, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Gent Centrum Opera. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Patriek Deruddere | General Manager ibis Gent Centrum Opera

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good location and excellent breakfast.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Nice bar area.
Just a bit of advice.There is a building site next door and they started work Monday morning June 25th at 6.20am.The noise was very loud and continuous and this site will be working for another 6 months.We were room 321.Make sure you get a room facing towards city centre ie Northwards.It was our last night so there was no point asking to move.They wont be able to move everyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Patriek Deruddere | General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Convenience to get to the hotel by public transportation. The stop of tram is just in front of the hotel. Walking distance to the city centre. Many chic restaurants and cafe and also a supermarket nearby. Easy access to the hotel wifi.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibis_Opera, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Gent Centrum Opera. We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. Sincerely, Patriek Deruddere | General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Hotel is well situated and well presented and provides private parking which is always a valuable facility. A couple of minus points.
Due to the room size, the double bed though comfortable only just fitted between door and wall, so access was restricted. In the middle of the night
(01:36) I received an email informing me that I had been Fast checked out and that all I had to do was leave my key at reception on departure. I was therefore somewhat bemused when the receptionist insisted that I settle the outstanding parking charge and stated that I should not have received the email. I am sorry IBIS, you can’t have it both ways.......either ask at check in if the customer wishes to utilise this facility, or action the Fast check out process as defined in the email.
This fortunately did not spoil our stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibis_Opera, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Guest, May I begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your concerns and are sorry about the unfortunate incident with the fast check out. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, ibis Gent Centrum Opera Kind regards, Patriek Deruddere | General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a double room for me and my partner. The rooms are tiny. I felt like it was a cabin on a ship. The bed was pushed up against the wall and the room was claustrophobic. We spent minimal time here as it was uncomfortable. The bathroom was also very small and there was no tea/coffee making facilities! This particular hotel seemed more the standard of an Ibis budget. You obviously don’t get much for your money in Gent! The room was more the size of a small single with a double bed forced in. Bed was comfy but that’s about it.The lobby area is lovely but a bit deceptive when you get up to the rooms! Didn’t have breakfast so can’t comment on that.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. I truly regret that you consider our rooms to be too small. We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Patriek Deruddere | General Manager