US$149
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$115
  • Bar/Lounge
US$141
US$113
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Hotel Cathedral(Ghent)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
Place 2 Stay(Ghent)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$119
't Keygoed(Ghent)
TripAdvisor
3,888 results
All reviewswellness centrespa facilitiesramengreat hotelsteam roomdeluxe roomsmall poolshort walkpublic parkinghotel restaurantcomfortable hotelexcellent stayold buildingcity centreexcellent breakfastcar parklovely city
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel when I youngest daughter now in mid twenties came over from the UK to visit. Living in Belgium I visited Ghent a few times but stayed before. Hotel was good and the bed rooms were also and comfortable. I travel a bit with my job and I have stayed in many 5 star hotels, this has that luxury look and old character mixed in with a modern stylist look. Hotel reception was small but good and the staff helpful but they lack friendliness somehow maybe just overly professional or seen too many tourists maybe. I felt that something was amiss but I couldn’t put my finger on it maybe I’ve stayed in too many business hotels and not enough equally luxurious tourist hotels. Older main barman in the champagne bar was experienced maybe a bit dry but unassuming. Plenty of staff. Breakfast a good selection for all eaters. I did use the wellness facilities. I prefer Ghent at night waterways and areas thoughtfully lit up plenty of places to eat a number of open restaurant squares but many tourists yet we had super evening eating drinking seeing the sights by night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We stayed here as part of a Tailor Made Rail trip to the Xmas markets in Ghent and Bruges, as well as seeing the Ghent Altarpiece and the Madonna in Bruges.

About a 15 minute stroll from the cathedral, it is well-placed for tourism, and high quality, with excellent staff. Breakfasts are excellent too, and we enjoyed one meal in the restaurant.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ReylofHotel, Front Office Manager at Pillows Grand Hotel Reylof, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear sir, madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review here on Tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. We are absolutely thrilled by your kind words and that you had such a lovely time with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof.

Warm Reylof regards,

Miguel Declercq

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Average accommodation. Perhaps too expensive in terms of room quality and breakfast quality. In addition I found ti to be really annoying that 'your review' must contain at least 200 characters minimum. .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 April 2018

If you are visiting this wonderful City (only 90 minutes drive from the Channel Tunnel) do stay here. The hotel has a great location on the Western edge of the historic centre, easy to park under the building or nearby, and walk around the cobbled streets. There is charging for Electric Vehicles in the hotel.
We returned for a second visit last weekend. Particular highlights were the lovely staff here on reception and in the breakfast/bar area (they kindly stored fruit and veg we bought in the market, as well as baked goods, in the kitchen fridge) and when we ordered off menu at lunch rustled up delicious bowls of soup in no time. Also I forgot my jacket on the back of the chair after lunch and they returned it to my room promptly. We did not eat dinner here.
I had the impression that some of the rooms on the front side of the property were undergoing renovation but we heard no disturbing noise. There is a modern extension through the gardens which has comfortable and light rooms. This time we stayed in a 'Cosy' room in the main building but which was big enough for a large king size double bed and a large shower, and had a nice view across the rooftops. The Wellness area is in a separate building in the garden. It is small but has a good sized sauna and relaxation area. There is also a small but well equipped gym. Breakfast was included in our room rate and the rolls and breads, and the jams, were excellent.
Great for a couples' relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mphd

Dear sir, madam,

Thank you for writing a five-star review here on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our your stay for the seccond time at our hotel. Also it is great you liked the food in the restaurant as well. Thank you very much for the recommendation!

I am looking forward to host you again in the Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof.

With warm Reylof regards,

Miguel Declercq

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was delightful with great decor which married both old and new together in a bright and inviting style. The bedroom was large and comfortable with slippers, robes, comfy chairs and the TV had BBC 1 and 2. The staff were charming and helpful. There were redecoration works being done on two floors and whilst not noisy where we were meant the lifts were always full of workmen and their tools etc. The breakfast was expensive and we were going out for lunch so didn't need a large feast so went to a cafe opposite which was delightful. We enjoyed the bar in the evening with a charming barman who mixed a wicked vodka martini. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiB143
RLanghoutSandton, Front Office Manager at Pillows Grand Hotel Reylof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear sir, madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review here on Tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. We are absolutely thrilled by your kind words and that you had such a lovely time with us. Thank you for your recommendation.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof.

Warm Reylof regards,