US$84
US$81
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$127
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$131
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Carlton(Ghent)
US$151
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmain buildingfacing the streetnice hotelreception staffthe ground floorlate checkthree nightslocation is greatcentre of townold towncomfortable bedsshort breakmain attractionsbars and restaurantsfew minutes walkcentral locationbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The staff were friendly upon arrival and allowed us to check in early which was nice. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The location was great as it was only about a 5 minute walk from the main centre of Ghent. The only issue is that it is quite noisy from the room to the courtyard outside where you can hear other guests coming and going but it didn't bother us too much. Would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
HoteldeFlandre, General Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Claire M,

Thank you for choosing Hotel de Flandre! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's location. Please let me know if I can help assist with any future plans.

Freija Wyffels

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a work trip & the hotel was booked for me. Wasn’t optimistic as reviews were mixed. The room itself (off the courtyard) was pleasant enough & clean but it was FREEZING! When you leave the room & withdraw the key card, the heating cuts off. When in the room the temp was set to 17 degC, I wasn’t able to alter it. When it is -3 outside, this is not warm enough ☹️

The water into the shower also ran a dirty brown colour.

On the plus side, the breakfast was good & staff friendly!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sarahm630,

I was most interested to read your valuable feedback and was sorry to learn that you experienced difficulties with your air conditioning system. All our bedrooms have been designed to allow guests to control their own environment and may I offer my apologies that the system in your room was not functioning properly.

As you can imagine we have a regular maintenance programme for every air conditioning unit in the hotel, however problems can slip in between checks.

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and service.

Best regards,

Freija Wyffels

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice rooms and a decent breakfast. Staff made us feel very welcome, nothing overwelming just professional. The hotel bar was served by the portier which was bit of a bad solution since the personnel had to walk between the bar an the front desk, adjacent rooms but it tended to queue up at both ends. Hotel with a central location with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Niclas N,

Thank you for choosing Hotel de Flandre and for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is always appreciated and valuable to us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We've spend 3 nights in this hotel during our trip to Gent.

The hotel is well located, 2 minutes by foot to the city center. They offer parking in a garage, but I recommend to use the nearby located parking garage #8, if I remember correctly it costs €13.50 for 24 hours and is cheaper than the hotel garage.

Unfortunately during our visit the breakfast area was renovated, so we had to leave the hotel to a nearby meeting room of the hotel where breakfast was served. It was pretty loud and cold in there with a door which was difficult to close. I don't know how long the renovation will take place, I guess that now (end of December 2017) it should be done. There was a lack of electricity one morning as well when I was in the shower for about 10 min, I guess due to the renovation.

Our room was standard, with huge walls and everything we needed. Nothing spectacular but absolutely no issue to sleep and stay there.

Free WiFi is offered.

Room Tip: 1st floor is pretty loud, close to the entrance, I recommend a higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear deepswing,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel de Flandre, and for sharing your feedback with us. Our hotel doesn't have its own parking, so we always recommend the guests to park their car at the nearby parking lot #8 'Ramen'. It is indeed €14 for 24 hours and this is the cheapest option in Ghent.

I want to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during breakfast.
We strive to offer our guests an excellent standard of accommodation and comfort, so we sometimes have renovation work done to the buildings.

I appreciate all your feedback and I'm glad to hear overall you had a good stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

A lovely hotel - friendly staff, good breakfast and only a few minutes walk and you are in the centre.
There are apartments, rooms in the main hotel and more set around a courtyard with small shared outside space. We had a room off the courtyard - it was so quiet you would not know you were in the centre of town.
No parking is the only thing stopping a 5 star rating - underground parking is available just around the corner though, at €14 a day.
I would recommend this hotel for a city break.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Godmother_8

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel de Flandre again, and for sharing your feedback.
We look forward to your upcoming visit, and please do not hesitate to reach out if we can assist with any plans!