“Friendly waiter, good food, pleasant atmosphere, decent value”
Review of Gado-Gado

Gado-Gado
Ranked #3 of 27 Dessert in Ghent
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was a good place for dinner midweek, being fairly full but still OK to walk in unbooked - on a cold March day. The waiter was friendly and helpful, providing good timely service, a great smile and spot-on suggestions on beer. Beef and veggie dishes were very good and large enough to leave me pretty full. Three of us shared a Lapis Legit cake for dessert which was interesting and nice to eat. Overall the meal was good value and the evening enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We visited on recommendation of friends.
The food was good but we already have visited better Indonesian restaurants.
Service was friendly.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We discovered this restaurant by accident while exploring the back alleys in Ghent. We liked the look of the menu so we checked it out on Trip Advisor and went for dinner the next night. It's a little difficult to find but we managed.
It's much nicer inside than it looks from the outside and we had a nice chat with the owner while waiting for the restaurant to open.
We had spring roles as the appetizer.
My wife had chicken satay with peanut sauce
I had spicy Balinese shrimp. (too much cucumber, not their fault that I don't like cucumber)
The food was quite good and we enjoyed it all but thought the price was a bit high. My overall impression is that Belgium is an expensive country.

Would I eat here again? Yes
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes with a cost warning.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Since our daughter graduated today for het Master-degree, and she'll be working as a volunteer in Indonesia next august, Gado-Gado was a logical choice to celebrate...Dinner was excellent (as before) and to our delight our daughter received a bottle of Indonesian sparkling wine as a gift from Philippe! Thank you so much !!!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't normally go for Indonesian food on a short trip to Ghent, but it started to rain, the restaurant looked inviting, they had a table, and I'd already had the traditional fare earlier in the day and night before. Atmosphere, service, and food were excellent. Balinese prawns were cooked perfectly, and the sauce was so delicious, I ate every grain of rice. Nice cocktail list and artisanal gin selection. Javanese coffee and spring roll dessert were also top notch.

Philippe S, Eigenaar at Gado-Gado, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you very much.
We are happy you have enjoyed your dinner.