“Bouillabaisse still rocks!”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

It's been said many times over the years, but their Eastern bouillabaisse is a classic and remains a work of creative genius. Many other places in the centre of Ghent serve Thai cuisine, but I don't recall any that achieve this level of authentic flavour in a dish. I'm sure the rest of their menu is just as good, but to be honest I can't see past this!

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Made the mistake of trying to find a dinner place for 4 people on a Friday night at 8pm (without a reservation). Just our luck, a table opened up at Cafe Parti right as we walked in, and I'm SO happy it did. I'm not personally a fan of pasta, but finding a lasagna that uses lamb and not pork is a rare gem that I had to take advantage of- and man, am I glad I did. It was one of the best (if not the best) meals I've had in Europe and if I could make lasagna like this myself, I would be eating pasta a lot more often. The ingredients were fresh, the pasta wasn't too heavy and the flavors all worked together with each bite.

The service was great, as well! The dinner does take a while to come out (which they are very honest about on their menu) but it's totally worth the wait. Plus, they give you bread and olives to munch on in the meantime.

If you're in Ghent definitely make an effort to swing by!

1  Thank Pardis F
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Pretentious: acting a bit posh and busy-busy, but serving really nothing special. Food was alright, I suppose. Fries were typical 'restaurant' fries (meaning: dry and tasteless). Shrimp croquette lacked fried parsley. Not really standing out. Personnel was also a bit arrogant. Not so relaxed.

1  Thank immorissal
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I arrived in Ghent too late for brunch and because of some other plans I only managed to eat at Cafe Parti four times (or was it five?) for lunch and dinner in the five days I was there. Each meal was superb Belgian bistro food. Excellent value, lovely presentation, and of course it all tasted delicious. Service was very friendly and I loved the openness of the room. As a diner, I don't feel obligated to try a dozen different places when I travel. When I find a restaurant that I like, I'd rather work through the menu. That's what I wish I'd had time to do, especially since I saw so many other diners enjoying meals I wished I'd tried. But the carbonnade (stoofvlees) was some of the best I've ever had, and the hanger steak (onglet) was truly superb. If I'd stayed more than a week I would have tried that again.

1  Thank LevRaphael
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Located right by the railstation in Ghent, a perfect venue for a business, tourist or lets meet somewhere near the station because we ate coming from all over lunch.

I went for a lunch with my daughters friend. It was a weekday and evident that there was a clear mix of people. We said, we have time.... and we enjoyed it! Staff very friendly and helpful. We both ordered the same meal (recommended by the waiter). I am glad I asked as the english translation was clear (I suggested they chaned the translation).

We ordered the Eastern Bouillabase. When I first saw it I said no way. Borcht with fish???? In the end it was an Asian Bouillabase. I must say it was excellent. The savory thai coconut and cilantro soup with the wonderful fish stock and fresh fish of the french Bouillabase. Worth the trip to Ghent just for that meal!

Recommend to anyone.