All reviews train station minute walk ham bed was comfortable beautiful city walking distance familyroom cereal brussels
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nice hotel at a great price in a well-preserved XIX-Century building, close to the train station and at a walking distance of all touristic assets of this beautiful city. We stayed in a small, but very cozy and well designed room in the attic (fourth floor).
All the staff stand out for their kindness and we Spaniards can appreciate very much that some of them have a good knowledge of Spanish language.
The breakfast is above average.

Room tip: Room no.424, in the attic with views to the shopping avenue Bondgenotenlaan and the Train Station Place (Martelarenplein).
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Had a familyroom (double room) ; simple, old fashioned but clean (the cleaning spray doesn’t smell nice though.) It was good enough.

Breakfast: saturday we came in at 10:00. They told us we could have breakfast until 10:30. But the kitchen was already cleaning up. When I explained her we were told breakfast was until 10:30 she said ‘but I have to leave at 11:00’. No more butter, no fruit, no milk... : she already brought things back to the kitchen. We were barely in time to grab a piece of bread or croissant and some coffee. People after us had less.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SMMHermans
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I basically chose this place because of its close distance to the train station and its 24 hour check in. I booked a single room for 65€. The room was very small and relatively old. Though it felt a little bit like a prison cell, the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next day was nice and included. There was a variety of tea, coffee, juice, cereals, bread, eggs and ham / sausages. I was very glad that I could stay there though I arrived late and since it was really clean I don't really mind the old furniture or the small room as such. Also the staff was very nice. So if you are looking for a cheap and clean accommodation, I can recommend this. If you are looking for something more luxurious or more cosy, it is probably not the best address.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Valérie M
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The room was a bit small but had a decent en suite, which had obviously eaten into the original room space. There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but our corner room had good views across the square to the train station. The square was lively in the evening and the buses start arriving at the bus station at 06:00 so that might bother light sleepers if the windows are open, but we were fine. Everywhere was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, with excellent English, lovely terrace seating in the square at which to enjoy a meal or drink. Lots of other restaurants and bars in the immediate area and the railway station is just across the square, ideal for day trips to Brussels or Antwerp. The centre of Leuven (lovely) is about a 15 minute walk. Continental breakfast was included, very nice. The hotel claimed free WiFi everywhere but we had difficulty logging on, and when connected very, very slow

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I slept 1 night on Royal Hotel in Leuven. My room was a kind of service room turned on guest room. Was small, poor, old, sad... the opposite of my idea of "warm welcome". Lights were similar to lights on a cemetery. Restroom was very bad, without any carpet, with an old mirror small and sad. Shower pipe was brocked and the water pressure was below zero.
Breackfast was not so bad, buy nothing special.
The only positive aspect of this experience was the girl on reception. Very very nice.

Date of stay: April 2017