Flanders Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Die Swaene(Bruges)
  • Pool
1,894 results
All reviewsclub roomswimming poolhappy hour in the barlovely hotelhotel barcar parkprivate parkinggood sizeair conditioningthe main squarebreakfast was excellentshort walkfamily roomtriple roomreception staffcity breakwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We chose this hotel as it was in a good position giving us easy access to central Bruges.

Whilst this is a 4* hotel we have stayed in better but for the price we paid we could not grumble and the bed was very comfortable giving us a great night’s sleep before embarking on a good breakfast and then a full days sightseeing.

The Barazar lounge bar is a great place to unwind after walking, going on a canal tour or a horse & carriage tour - especially between the hours of 4pm – 6pm which is ‘Happy Hour’. During ‘Happy Hour’ a Chardonnay and a Belgian Beer was less than €4 – not bad. The staff within the Barazar are very friendly.

The only disappointing point was that they didn’t have any restaurant facilities but with so many restaurants around this wasn’t a major issue. We ate at Park Restaurant (No.1 on TripAdvisor) and De Stove (No. 10 on TripAdvisor) which we would highly recommend.

Prior to arriving at Flanders Hotel I informed them that my Wife was celebrating her birthday on the day we arrived and although I was not expecting a bottle of Champagne – it would have been nice for the hotel to recognise this fact with a Birthday Card or a simple acknowledgement. Sadly nothing was forthcoming, unlike many other hotels we have stayed at in previous years – a sad reflection on the hotels customers service levels.

Although it is a good base it cannot be classed as a Romantic Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheOriginalBaldie
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed here last weekend for one evening within a group of 6 girls. We had 2 triple rooms which were very spacious with 3 single beds , separate toilet and large bathroom with walk in shower - no bath but that didn't bother us - and a small balcony. We even had tea and coffee making facilities which you don't come across very often in Europe. The rooms were very clean and we think recently refurbished. The hotel itself was ideally situated and we thoroughly enjoyed the modern bar with half price drinks between 4-6pm ! Breakfast was served til 1030am and was also excellent with a lot of variety.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for a group of people and I would stay here again should I visit Bruges for a 5th time !!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This hotel and its staff was very relaxing and the reception and all other staff welcoming and helpful. Room, whilst modest in size was very comfortable and clean, bathroom excellent and breakfast equally so and as selections of food ran down it was replenished automatically, irrespective of the time.
Used the bar a couple of times - service was friendly and efficient.
We asked staff to recommend and book a restaurant for dinner - the first chosen was booked out, the second was very good and found without prompting the staff.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Recommended for both business and pleasure. Rooms are all quiet and some have small balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed here in late Feb 2012 for three nights. The room was very nice, lovely bathroom. Breakfast was great large selection of foods. The staff were very helpful especially when I forgot my continental plug the reception let me have one from their stock. It is close enough to the centre but in a quiet area and I felt very safe there. The only down side was the bar attatched to it. It looked very nice but we found the drinks the most expensive in the city. Even the happy hour prices were not cheap. Also the bar man was the rudest I have ever been served by. When I asked for 4 beers, small ones and a bottle of wine and 4 glasses I was told no by the barman and told "you people just take, take, take". Now I was celebrating my birthday and my friends wanted to toast my birthday. He made me feel very small as he did this in front of everyone in the place. My friend who was with me when this happened is a landlady and she said she had never seen anyone so rude and he would have been sacked in her pub. Well we voted with our feet and went elsewhere. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel but NOT the bar.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2012

it is ok
the superior room are not really special
theycharge for parking in thier yard 14 ero a day,,,