See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

This is a very nice Art Deco hotel in the center of the city.
Rooms are rather small but comfortable. Breakfast is well cared for, the smell of fresh baked croissants enters the room early in the morning.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Stayed here for one night only. We booked 2 single rooms. Gorgeous Art Deco hotel. Staff were very pleasant and polite on our arrival. I was lucky enough to be given (at no extra cost) a very spacious double room on the 1st floor with a balcony. Excellent nights sleep in a very comfy bed. Very good * choice of hot and cold breakfast. Really good value. No negatives.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The hotel experience was average for the price paid. The room was ok. The shower warm and with good power. My room was on the inside of the hotel, so no view, but I wasn't staying here for a view, so not a problem. Some of the rooms to the front of the hotel have balconies and nice view. The stairs were unlit with no windows, so this may prove dangerous.

There is a tram stop outside the hotel which is good for transport, but bad for noise.

Breakfast was well presented with a reasonable selection.

What marred the stay was the fact that I left my tablet on the bed, in a locked bedroom, and when I returned a couple of hours later, it was gone. The receptionist asked other staff if it had been found by the cleaners, but told me it hadn't.

Room Tip: There is free wifi, but you need to be on the lower floors to use it.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelling-Light777
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

When we first arrived at the hotel we were greeted with pleasant, polite and friendly staff and this was the case during our 24 hour stay. Room 101 looked recently refurbished and clean and had a lovely balcony looking over the street. Breakfast included in the price, so quite resonable .
Now the not so good stuff. No lights on the stairs. I had a noisy spring matress and a pillow as thick as a slice of bread, even double folded wasn't ok. The toilet was extreemly noisy due to it having a grinder system on the back. There was also a block in the pipe and a terrible smell and residue coming up from the shower, which i didnt notice until the morning. However, i did get free parking because of this.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016

We arrived at this hotel for a one night stay (but ended up paying for two nights due to a mistake with Hotels.com) and art-deco certainly describes it.

On arrival at the hotel we were told the lift is temperamental and we should carry our luggage to the fourth floor. The stairs were dark but we made it. On entering the rooms we found they all had a mysterious yellow liquid in the toilet.

Since we were only staying for one night we flushed the toilets and went to bed in our clothes.

Woke up the next morning, had breakfast and went to check out. I was told I had booked for two nights so would have to pay for two nights. I said I had originally booked for two nights but changed the booking a week or two prior to arrival as I was going on to Brussels for a concert. No, I had to pay for the extra night.

Awful.

Oh and by the way, the internet didn't work in the rooms.

Room Tip: Take a room on the lower floors. There won't be so far to carry your luggage and you may get the wifi if you're lucky.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family