“Catch of the day”

Ranked #52 of 435 Restaurants in Lagos
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: English owned, we are popular with tourists and locals alike. Everyone is welcome including their pets ! Serving breakfast, lunch, evening meals, snacks or just a drink, we have something for everyone. Introducing new themed evening specials - Malaysian Curry, Thai, Pie&Pudd, Moroccan, Fish&Chips. All cooked to order. Don't take our word for it - Summer 2017 was awarded as one of top 7 breakfast & brunch eateries in the Algarve by #theculturetrip.com
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Just been for a longish walk, and passed hoping to see a friend who is a regular, but a bit late for him at 1230. We are in the pre-Christmas lull, and I wasn't sure I should be indulging before the coming excesses, but I was caught hook line and sinker by the chalk board which proudly proclaimed 'Beer battered hake, chips and mushy peas.'
My resolution dissolved, and I sat down in the quiet cafe, and enjoyed the views across the Marina, and analysed the passing visitors.
The fish and chips was excellent, freshly cooked to perfection in a light but crispy batter G and a very generous portion. Friendly staff, a sunny day at about 24C, and a belly full of good British cooking. Easy enough to get good grilled fish here in Lagos, but deep fried and battered makes a welcome and nostalgic change. We'll worth a visit if you miss the old country, with Full English available all day.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Reviewed this a couple of months ago. Back again for breakfast today.

As always, delightful food and friendly staff.

A warm welcome always awaits you in Oasis at the Marina, you know it’s a good place to stop as you see the same customers in there day after day

I had coffee and the fruit salad. It looked fab so I photoed it - see for yourself!!

And a huge bowl for €4.75 as well.

Will I return? You bet....

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Actually I arrived before they opened but they very kindly accommodated me despite this.

Coffee was the usual excellent Portuguese standard but I couldn’t resist the full English at €7.50, an absolute bargain.

I took a photo but the contents was:-

Toast
Fried egg
Beans
Bacon
Sausage
Tomato
Mushrooms
And a hash brown but they called it a rosti I think...

Couldn’t eat it all but had a good try

Thoroughly enjoyable and Anna looked after me proudly. Thank you Anna.

Will I be back. For sure!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Looking for an excellent cheap meal out on Lagos Marina, then look no further than Oasis as they offer a range of meals at a very competitive price. The Tuesday ' Pie Night' is excellent value with a choice of home made pies, Beef & Ale, Fish or Chicken & Leek, all of which were fantastic and include a desert. Excellent food at affordable prices.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

got sucked in by the advertising in 'tomorrow' magazine, showing Malaysian curry night... which was actually Vindaloo and Madras (Indian curries)? having been to Malaysia I would expect Beef Rendang, laksa or Mee goreng etc., but no, nada........
we should have left!
The curries were I'm sure home cooked, but nothing special.
Overpriced food, for a bit of curry and rice, no naan, roti or poppadoms in sight!
Seems most English people like to feel at home with the 'offerings' at the Marina in general... overpriced, overrated, and frankly medicore. We won't get fooled again.