“I wish I could give more than 5 stars”
Review of Casa do Ze

Casa do Ze
Ranked #76 of 421 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is simply amazing. We visited 3 times during our 4 days stay in Lagos. It's open all day so no need to wait till 6 pm. Better go there early and be sure you have a table. We always went around 5. I had grilled fish (dourada or roubalo) and my husband had meat. Plus very tasty house wine. The lady serving the food is fantastic. I asked her for recommendations and went with it. Never regretted. We loved this restaurant for delicious food and genuine Portuguese atmosphere. I wish I could give more stars.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small family run cafe style restaurant - we tried to eat there a few times but it was very busy - this is for good reason, it's well worth waiting fifteen mins for a table - the food and service was amazing. The cockles were the best I've ever had and the lamb and the fried pork just sublime. The house white wine was very good.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Through a series of errors, bad time keeping and changes of plans ony part I got here on the final day of my holiday.

The lamb was fantastic. Add the people watching due to the location, the atmosphere and warmth of the staff, especially the lady of the house, and the fact I could have sat there for hours and it all added up to a very lazy, very filling and very enjoyable 2 hour lunch.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

You can tell the best restaurant from all the other side-by-side strip on this lazy beachfront setting in Lago Portugal because it is always packed. This little al fresco jewel is commanded by Dona Fernada, who has continued to set the bar very high when it comes to traditional Portuguese food. Having run this restaurant for almost thirty years, Dona consistently enforces adherence to the details of preparation and serving the heavenly seafood and meat delicacies of the country on spotless white tables. She appeared as organized chaos once your were seated with her ever present smile. Seasonal specials like snails or 'the purple wedge' were surgically prepared and presented with the requested olives, cheeses, and breads. The local Vino Verdhes were presented at their optimum temperatures. The entrees were well proportioned, and the service by Donna was a flurry.
The finale was as traditional as it was legendary. One member of the party after having already completing a 'bica' had a 'toothache' which was immediately attended to by Dona Fernanda with an additional bica and the special medicine.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Just fantastic, we have been coming back here for years. Great local food. Fernanda always looks after us. She is the best and we love her. Get there early or you will be waiting for a seat as you are not rushed. Just go.