Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
US$207
US$201
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$284/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$171
US$165
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$222
US$212
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$99
US$321
US$300
Cancelon
All reviewssteep hillwashing machinethese apartmentspingo docetennis courtspool areathe security guardhuge living areacorner apartmentminute walkeach blockold towngood sizetown centreearly hoursfull size fridgesunny balcony
Reviewed 6 September 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on a holiday here. We hired a car and the transfer from Faro takes about an hour. We were pleasantly surprised by the apartment and complex. The apartment was clean, tidy and had everything required for self catering. It had a nice big patio area and a decent size sofa bed for our son. Our lock was broken on our patio door and they fixed the next morning. Service was efficient. The pool and pool area were nice. Lagos is a ten minute walk from the apartments which we enjoyed although for people with walking difficulties it may ve a struggle as there is a hill on the way back! We would definitely recommend these apartments and the lovely resort of Lagos.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Me, my wife and three kids (6,3 & 1) have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Vita Sol apartments in Lagos. Lagos itself was great (if a little windy at times) and perfect for a family with young kids like ours. I did however have some issues with the service at the Vita Sol apartments themselves. Firstly, when we arrived we were impressed by the size of the apartment but dismayed at how dirty the floors were. We probably wouldn't have noticed this (the floors are made of terracotta tiles so hard to see the dirt) if it hadn't been for the dirt covering our one year old's knees. I ended up sweeping and mopping the floors myself that first day. I don't think it's too much to ask that the apartment be mopped before new guests move in. Cleaning in general was fairly minimal, with the apartment only being serviced twice in 10 days. I wasn't particularly bothered by this but other families might be (be prepared to empty your own bins and do your own recycling). The next issue was the rental of a cot for the 1 year old which cost €9 per night, adding an extra €90 to our stay. I don't mind having to pay a small charge for such an item (although we've often received them gratis in other places for our other kids) but €9 per night seemed a bit steep.
The third issue was wi-fi availability. Vita Sol is a large complex so perhaps it's unrealistic to have wi-fi covering the whole complex but in this day and age it's ridiculous that the only place you can access it is by sitting outside the reception (which was sometimes so busy with other people doing the same thing that you couldn't even get a seat). Why isn't there wi-fi available at the pool as well for example? That is where most people congregate during the day and it would be extremely convenient if you could also check e-mails, Facebook or whatever while you're there relaxing, rather than having to make a specific trip up to reception.
Finally, the 'supermarket' on site isn't really worthy of the name. It's a shop which sells basics like bread, milk and booze at quite expensive prices. You're far better off walking down to the supermarket at the bottom of the hill as it's much cheaper and has everything you'd need for a 7-10 day stay. However, as other reviewers have noted, the hill is pretty steep and so pretty hard work if you're laden down with shopping. I count myself as being pretty fit (recently ran a marathon in just over 3 hours) but it's a fair effort to get the shopping, on the back of buggy with a child in it, up that hill in the mid-afternoon sun. A larger, more reasonably priced market on top of the hill would be a great asset to the complex but not a deal-breaker.
Apart from these issues we did have a great holiday and none of the things I have mentioned would prevent me from going again if the price was right.
Oh yes, and definitely bring a long-sleeved tops for when the sun goes down, especially for kids even at the height of summer as that wind can really be pretty chilly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mark465
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lengthy transfer from airport as Lagos quite a distance from Faro airport. Ease of check-in/out. Well kept complex. Large clean apartment with all amenities. Requested a kettle and one was left in our room. Noise could be heard from dogs barking even though it states no dogs allowed in rooms. Steep hill up and down to reach town, beach,bars, restaurants and supermarket. I consider myself to be physically fit but after a day at beach you feel that hill! Lagos was very windy during our stay, dont know if this is the norm. could have done with jeans and long sleeves at night as it was cool at beginning of August.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We returned for a second stay this year and found much to be as high a quality as two years ago. They are working hard to keep the site tidy and, as before, those in reception were very helpful. Our first night was terrible with an apartment making a ridiculous amount of noise past 3am. I commented at reception the next day and there was not a repeat. The apartment was as well equipped as before although there seemed to be some confusion over inflatables in the pool. When we came last time this had been closely 'policed' but this didn't seem to be the case this year. A little frustrating...
My biggest gripe would be the level of cleaning. The maids came regularly but did the minimal in my opinion. I didn't feel the apartment was as clean as it could have been on arrival and I would have expected the floors to have been mopped at least once during our 10 night stay. There was a lot of dust under floors etc. This was a shame as the VitaSol does offer excellent value for money in the super town of Lagos. I don't think this would put us off retraining but it will be a factor we weren't aware of last time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked VitaSol through BA Holidays and got the flight and accommodation as one package. Apartment was fine apart from uncomfortable sofas and hard bed, but had a good shower and a bath for our 2.5-year-old son, which was great. No kettle or hair dryer, so take your own. Pool, lovely - overall, a decent place to stay in the Algarve.

• Stayed: July 2014