“Superb seafood authentic and wonderful”

Restaurante-Bar Meridiano
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Sagres
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Superb little restaurant. Immacutely clean, well run family restaurant. we have visited for years. Seafood rice and Castal garcia wine, never better
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with my wife and daughter. We had a fantastic time. Not too busy mainly locals and you can see why. Fantastic local food. I had prawns but the grilled sea bass was the star. Very kid friendly. Will go back again before we leave on holiday.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Really bad place. Food bad, service terrible, disappointed.... My friends where the same, disappointed a lot about everything....

1  Thank Monika J
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We were welcomed warmly despite being very early at 1pm. Bread, water, pate and drinks quickly ensued. The menu consists of all the Local classics and we plumped for Cataplana with pork which was a superb choice having great cooking liquor and flavour, great feast for meat and fish lovers. Good local wines, good service and simple ambience. Come and enjoy a local restaurant in the Algarve. Great value as you would expect.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. All made fresh and truly divine. Highly recommended!!
Fantástico restaurante. Tudo fresco e confeccionado na hora. Recomendo vivamente.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I saw some negative postings on this restaurant which I don't think are justified. This is a family restaurant on the way to Cape St Vincent. They don't have a lot of staff, but they have enough. Just relax, slow down, we are not in New York. The food here is really good home cooking. In Portugal, almost every restaurant has fish and rice on the menu. Many do it poorly. This restaurant does it brilliantly with lots of big chunks of fish and shellfish with a tasty tomato broth and not too much rice. The staff is friendly but not over the top. Yes, it takes time and service can seem slow, but just relax, order a bottle of Vinho Verde and enjoy the day knowing that when the food arrives, it will be very good.
I have been to a lot of excellent restaurants in my life. We are going to Gusto by Heinz Beck later this week. That will be a very different experience .
But there is absolutely nothing wrong with Restaurant -Bar Meridiano. I recommend.

1  Thank Murray M