ANC Azores Holidays.pt
US$71.95*
Sete Cidades Quad Bike Half Day Tour from Ponta Delgada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ANC Azores Holidays is the only that can offer more variety and unique ways to pleasure Sao Miguel Island. With diversity, exclusivity, quality and with the most compelling prices, we show you Sao Miguel in the way you so desire. Do you want to rent a car, motorbike, bike or a camper van? How about coming with us on our most desired tours, full of sympathy and adventurous spirit? It's your choice! Our expertise is welcoming and showing what our magnificent island has to offer. We have at your disposal the following: Jeep Tours; Tuk Tuk Tours; Van Tours; Quad Tours; Boat Tours; Jet ski; Buggy Tours; Rent-a-car; Trip Campers; Rent-a-Moto; Rent-a-Quad; Rent-a-Bike.
Reviewed 2 November 2017

AzoresHolidays, Gerente de relações públicas at ANC Azores Holidays.pt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to rent a car for our vacations with this company. Therefore, we tough our car would of been at least insured. After we have been victim of an hit and run, we called the police so that we would have a report. Police told us that the insurance papers in the car weren't valid anymore, and that they could keep the car from being used if the wanted to. We bargained with them so that they would keep it beeing leesers of it. The scratch touching a side of the door and the top of the wheel, would of cost us 350€ to repair but ANC charged us 500€ !!! They didn't even did us a discount or a deductible on it even though that it doesn't cost them a dime to repair it by the fact that they're completely insured for all of their cars. So we lost 500€ to a company that didn't even put in insurance papers in the car and that doesn't pay a cent to repair the scratch. Worst experience ever.
We don't recommend.

AzoresHolidays, Manager at ANC Azores Holidays.pt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Client.
We apreciate your comment.
Unfortunately accidents hapened with everyone.
If the insurance papers are not Ok, in portugal the policie pick up the car, they do not let you drive anymore this car.
We do not understand when you said that ANC take 500 euros, if you can see in your bank we take the corretly money to repair the car. If you need more information you can call us. Thank you very much

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We spent a day with an amazing guide Sylvia touring this area. She was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and included both of us on the tour ( I've been on some where they have only addressed my husband). The area is stunning and well worth a visit. I would throughly recommend this company x

Thanks for you comment. It was a pleasure.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic all day tour around the island with the most competent and the most fantastic guide, ever, Silvia. We can absolutely recommend this company. Thanks.

AzoresHolidays, Gestor at ANC Azores Holidays.pt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you so much for your comment Mr John K. It was a pleasure having you with us. Hope you would travel once more with us.
Kind Regards
Silvia - Anc Team

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We had rented our car from ANC for our stay on Sao Miguel and saw the advertisement of the other activities, when we picked it up. Since I own an ATV myself I was interested in the specifications of the vehicles and the details of the tour. Some of the employees at the office seemed to be new at their job because they did not give me correct information about the options. When I asked about the buggy I was told that it would be rented with a driver and we could be passengers only. I reassured two times if I understood well that there was no option to drive ourselves. They also told us that the buggies had places for 6 persons and would be filled accordingly.
So I asked about the Quad bikes and I was told that they had smaller 350 and 400 cc machines to rent independently by day and 570 cc machines on their guided tours. I wanted to take one bike with my girlfriend and we wanted to do some off-road experience, since we already had a rental car for the normal roads to explore. So we opted for the half day tour to Sete Cidades on a rather cloudy and rainy day. We were once again assured that we would get a 570 cc machine.
When we were taken to the garage with a group of 4 other people we found out that a couple had paid for the buggy and they would drive by themself a Polaris 900 cc four person vehicle. When I told our guide that I rather had booked that vehicle if they did not misinform me at the office I got the answer that they are selling seats in the buggy and it is not guaranteed who is driving. I accepted this explanation but then I was showed the Quad we were supposed to use. I was a plain rear wheel drive 400 cc machine that we would have been able to rent at a daily rate. I explained the tour guide that we signed up for the guided tour especially to get the more powerfull 570 Polaris and hopefully a nice off-road experience. Despite having about 6 blue Polaris 570 in the garage we were told that those belong to another company and were not available for us. He nevertheless offered us to let us use the white Polaris 570 he used to drive. That was acceptable for us despite the machine had totally worn almost slick tires. We were prepared with waterproof clothes and shoes as it should be expected on an off-road tour on a rainy day. The other guests and the guide were surprisingly not dressed up for driving an open vehicle in the rain...
Anyway the tour was nice even though we skipped a large portion of the promised dirt roads and do did not drive off-road at all. When we booked they clearly told us that there will be 80% dirt and off-road and only 20% asphalt. I assume that the change of route was because of the weather.
What really surprised me and even made me unhappy at the end was, that when we arrived back a the garage the guide advised me to try the buggy next time. To make sure that I could drive myself he offered me to pay three persons and he would give the buggy to two of us without other passengers. Had he offered me this option at the beginning of the trip I would have taken his offer right away and they would have made more money of us this time.
To sum it up: ANC has to clarify options of vehicles with their employees at the office. They have to make sure that they provide what they offer. If the guide had not given me that white Quad we would have cancelled the trip. If you are keen yourself of what machine they let you drive you better ask twice to avoid eventually beeing dissatisfied. By the route we went you can also easily rent a smaller Quad bike per day and drive it yourself without guide. Google maps will be a good companion for that. I would have expected some really off-road or heavy dirt road on a guided tour - like what you will find on other locations. The island does have plenty of good places for that. I hope they will do better on our next visit.

AzoresHolidays, Gestor at ANC Azores Holidays.pt, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Costumer,

We aprecciate you comment and we appologise for any inconvenient during the tour. Hope to hear from you. Best Regards

ANC Azores Holidays Team