“Good and cheap”

Restaurante O Mimo
Ranked #4 of 470 Restaurants in Coimbra
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here and we only spent €5.50 per person including water and beer. It is perfect for an informal meal and the food is made at the moment. It has simple dishes but good. Waiter and waitress are kind and even if they don't speak English they make you comfortable.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Restaurante O Mimo is well rated on Trip Advior, so we made the walk, although as we were climbing up a pretty steep road, we were uncertain if we had made a good choice. Fortunately, it is definitely worth the time and energy to find this excellent cafe. Small and local, with just one fellow for the whole place, he was efficient and friendly. The menu had several languages, so easy for us. Definitely get whatever is the pork special of the day- it was grilled today, juicy and just a tiny bit crisp- perfect! We also had the grilled calf- a delicious cut of beef, too much to eat! Everything came with buttery rice, fries, and salad. Plenty of food at an excellent price. The sangria was really good, too! Another highly recommended cafe in Coimbra, near the University.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My family and I went found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and after reading all the great reviews we decided to check it out.

The restaurant is located just outside of the main streets and not with all the touristy stuff. When we got there the waiter (owner?) greeted us and sat us at a table and gave us some menu's. The menu was typical Portuguese foods but also had some types of Brazilian foods as well. My family is Brazilian and we felt extremely at home .
The service was amazing and we also had one of the best Sangria's I've ever had.
My dad and I ordered the Picanha (type of steak) which came with fries, salad, rice, and black beans. (It was the perfect serving size, not tooooo much, but also not too little) My mother had the Bacalhau, which we had come to eat, and she absolutely loved it. We loved the place so much that we even went the day after for dinner as well!

After some more Sangria, we had dessert, which was a homemade custard pudding kind of thing that was AMAZING as well.

Also I forgot to mention that at the end of this great meal..... it came out to $36 Euros for all 3 of us.

GREAT VALUE for our money.

I would recommend this place to everyone. Easily one of the best places we've eaten at in Portugal.

2  Thank MillersAnderson63
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This is a place that is a local gem. We felt like eating among friends. The waiter is very attentive and interested in ensuring that you are happy with your experience. Recommended!

1  Thank Marisol A
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Menu has only few dishes. Restaurant is a neighborhood one. My wife had an escalope which was in fact a grilled piece of pork meat. I had francesinna sandwich which had a souce extremely salty. I could only eat half. Fried potatoed were quite cold. Waiter wanted to be helpfull but his English was very poor.
Overall the experience was not a nice one and the evening was ruined.