“Looking forward for my next meal here”

Taberna a Laranjinha
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Covilha
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Portuguese, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Regional Restaurant, Traditional Snacks and Wines Located in the historical center of Covilha City, Taberna a Laranjinha Restaurant is a reference in the region
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We came for a casual dinner has we were in this region for a quick vacations.

We had the shrimps for starters and two steaks, cervejeiro and juniper berry sauce, as the main course.
The steak with juniper berry sauce was a great surprise has it tasted Ginish. I asked for an extra fried egg and it was free of charge.

Big servings resulted in no space for dessert, what a shame. But from what I was able to spot they looked good and seemed tasty.

It’s certainly a place to recommend and to return every time I’m returning to Serra da Estrela.

The place is cozy, looks like a mountain tavern, and the service is very slow.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent waiter who explained the menu perfectly. Food was lovely, the tapas style starters were a good way to sample their menu. Main courses of Lamb Shank, Steak and Duck was the group choice. All food came out at the same time and was reasonably priced.
My only reason for not 5 star is the plates were cold and the food did not stay as hot as I would have liked.
Highly recommend other than that small oversight.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Went here when in the area for Work. Filled with locals and the Kitchen served up some local specialities also customizing them for us making them vegetarian. We got to taste so much great - lots Of dishes from bite sized snacks to hearty stir fries. Would really want to revisit. Service was Quick too.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing place. Awesome food, with very good environment and great people. Best food in Covilhã for sure.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

This place was highly ranked here on TripAdvisor , so it was on my bucket list since I start planning my trip to Covilha and Serra da Estrela. Food is great and service is ok. It’s mostly a tapas restaurant with small portions to share. Anyway, we ordered couple of tapas plus a steak, which was good. House wine was also reasonable.

They get extremely busy, we had no reservation and were lucky since arrived very early at their opening time. Several people arrived during our meal and had no table, as no reservation was done.

It’s probably on the best 5 restaurants in Covilha.