Lowest prices for your stay
US$135
US$131
Hotels.com
US$131
DoubletreeUS$130
PricelineUS$135
travelup.comUS$170
1,996 results
All reviews double tree black glass modern design hotel is located breakfast room city centre pastries metro saldanha tub uber euros portuguese europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2020

This stay was not "planned"- it was a last-minute inclusion in my itinerary due to issues with flight back to the UK from Faro. As such, I chose to fly from Lisbon and took advantage of the situaion to meet with a client whilst in town.

I chose this hotel as I had stayed here before (in summer of 2020). What a different world it was this time!

The hotel was very quiet (about 6 rooms occupied) and the bar and restaurant area were closed, so the lobby area was very ghostly. However, the room that served breakfast was kept open for lunch and dinner.

Breakfast was limited but perfectly fine. The day I left required an early morning check-out (before breakfast room opened) so the hotel arranged for a little breakfast box for me, which was very nice of them.

I had dinner at the hotel on both nights and the food was very nice and very reasonably priced. No complaints.

The little staff that were onsite were all very friendly and helpful.

A very strange situation happened with regards to my toom. The hotel kindly upgraded me to King Premium with Park View and whilst the room was fine (massive windows, big closet, big bathroom), it felt oddly claustrophobic as the bed area was a little “tight”, the desk faced a wall and because the windows did not open (thus making the room feel a bit like a fish tank). Furthermore, the room was in an annex and I felt very “detached” from the rest of the hotel- especially as I was the only person in the annex.

I remembered that when I stayed last year, my room had a small Juliette balcony and was in the main block. I went to reception and asked what type of room I had previously. It was a King Superior Room (two categories down from what I was staying in, apparently). Regardless of the room being of an inferior category, I asked to be downgraded as I wished to have a room with a window that opened, some outdoor space and a desk that is by the window. The hotel agreed and off I went to my downgraded room, which I liked much more!

Other things to mention. Hotel is very conveniently located for airport- 15 mins or so. Whilst the hotel isn’t in the main “tourist” area, it can easily be reached by foot.

I really would have no issue with staying in this hotel again.

Room tip: King Superior Rooms have sliding doors & Juliette balconies. No other rooms have this other than ones sold with private terraces.
Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank B7MPW
DoubleTree Lisbon, Other at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Dear B7MPW,

Thank you very much for your kind review and comments regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as with the service provided.
We will be delighted to share your nice comments with all the Team!

Reviewed 25 September 2020

After my previous dreadful 4 star experience at the Inntel in Eindhoven in May, I was staying one night in Lisbon at Doubletree. And what a difference.

Now mind you, Doubletree is 4 star, so its unfair to compare with 5 star hotels. But I was happy to stay here. A clean hotel, bit of a weird corridor to the room (feels a darker version of The Matrix) but a spacious and clean room. As per covid processes the room was sealed by the cleaning staff, just to make sure I would enter a properly cleaned room. Well done.
The location is better than one thinks: A bit outside of the centre, but 100 meters from the Saldanha roundabout and shoppingcentre, and very easy to get a metro, taxi or Uber downtown.
Breakfast was very well organized, they could have scored bonuspoints if they had served fresh orange juice, but thats about it.
Friendly staff all around. Would I book again? Yes, I would, Doubletree offers good value for money, so you can book with confidence.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank fanofluxury
Adriana Nogueira, Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear fanofluxury,

Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided.

Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

Only two floors open after COVID-19 lock down. Thin walls between the rooms made relaxing uncomfortable or impossible as you can hear TV, telephones and discussion from adjoining rooms! We complained twice, moving rooms second time. Not good and this would put me off returning here. The complaint was handled professionally and attentively.

Bathroom layout is curious, with a single door that doubles as the toilet door but you have a glass panel to the bedroom. When using the toilet you are visible to the bedroom! Not endearing for a romantic weekend no matter how liberal you are. Some bedrooms have full blackout screens on the windows which are great but others need improvement, with strong sunlight from early morning. Electrical wiring and connections are bare and visible, see the photographs - need urgent attention.

Breakfast is fresh and pleasant, with friendly service but the music is a disaster!. Bar area has an outside option between the adjoining building, good.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigboy1959

Dear Bigboy1959,

We have received a copy of the online survey you recently completed following your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Lisbon - Fontana Park. Thank you for taking the time to complete it.

As we pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations, we were both surprised and disappointed to find that you were only fairly satisfied with your hotel stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have been caused.

Naturally, it is always a concern when we receive feedback regarding our standards not satisfying guest expectations. It saddens us to know that we have disappointed you with our overall accommodations. Your feedback has been taken very seriously and has been forwarded to the relevant departments for their review and action. They will assist us in our ongoing training to deliver the type of standard you have come to expect from DoubleTree by Hilton.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which has enabled us to monitor our standards and the service we provide. We would like to have another opportunity to prove to you the DoubleTree by Hilton standards and the type of service we are accustomed to providing and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 June 2020

The hotel is very modern looking, comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and very eager to help. Ricardo, part of the front desk staff helped me get around town and recommended best places to park and stay safe. Front desk staff was flexible with parking and making changes to our reservation. Their breakfast buffet and dinner menu was tasty and plenty.

Room tip: Avoid rooms on side-street as it can be noisy in the AM.
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank grsp652

Dear grsp652,

Reviewed 26 April 2020

I stayed at the DoubleTree in Lisboa. It has an ultramodern look. They have a very modern reception area and restaurant. The rooms are also very modern. I was told that the hotel underwent an extensive renovation about ten years ago. The room number was on the floor in front of the door. The breakfast spread was outstanding. They had fresh fruits/vegetables, cold cuts, cheese, breads, eggs made to order, juices, etc.
I was at the hotel at start of the COVID-19 outbreak/world confusion. I want to thank the hotel and their staff for their help during this trying time. They went out of their way to help me and the other hotel guests with our airlines and hotel issues. They did a superb job helping us by keeping up with ever changing information from our embassies and each of our individual challenges. I hope to return there sometime in the future. Thank you. Obrigado.

Date of stay: March 2020